Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Tacoma Emblem Removal

Old 12-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Emblem Removal

So i bought my Tacoma used with 50,000 miles on it so the paint has obviously faded a little, but I really want to take off the TRD stickers and Tacoma emblems, my truck is black, what would be a good way about going about this without leaving marks from where the emblems used to be?
Old 12-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
i used my sisters hair blower dyer and some fishing string.

heated it up the emblem a lil with the dryier, then while it was a lil warm i used the string around my hands and pulled the string across the emblem from behind it, left some adheivse stuff, but i used a lil adhevise removel on a towel and kinda rubbed/buffed it out, worked good for me

i think there might a write up for it, ill see if i can find it.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
He bowls overhand
fastguy95 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chubbs
fastguy95's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to fastguy95
Yeah, similar to what Granda used, I used a heat gun on the low setting to remove the badges and decals. Be sure to move the gun side to side and not hold it in one spot, otherwise, the paint will bubble.

I used a 15lb fishing line to take off the badges, and kept snapping in half. So I would suggest either a 20 lb line or even a 30 lb line. And once I had the badges removed, I used some Goo Gone to take off the adhesive tape remains.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
RubberTank is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
RubberTank's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, Ill give it a shot. If worst comes to worst Ill just get a new paint job on my truck, I have a buddy that will do it for free.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
yep heatgun fishing line goo gone works wonders... haha just this past week i just realized i can still see the sr5 in the paint, its like really interesting... idk you guys should try look.. i think its a message.... hahahah and no i did not fail on removing those ones rofl.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
I will gladly pay you on Tuesday...
the arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to behold

the arkitect's Tacoma Gallery
I used 12lb. and it kept snapping too, use a sawing motion to get through the adhesive. Goo gone got most of it off, but what you can still see only bothers me b/c I know its there, no one else can see it. NEVER USE GOO OFF, IT WILL DESTROY YOUR PAINT.