Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Red Badges on Dark Blue Taco

Old 12-24-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Red Badges on Dark Blue Taco

I have an 07 access cab and was wondering what everyone's oppinion would be on RED BADGES. I plan on shaving down the two side badges to "TACO" and debadging the tailgate. Im thinking the red will compliment the TRD on the bed and everyone has black. im going with ALLPRO trail armor all around and ATX CHAMBERS. would like to hear what you guys think ill post pics when i get home in a couple months.

07 Access Cab PreRunner TRD OFFROAD V6 Manual!
Old 12-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Dont get me wrong I love the look of black badges but I was thinking about going against the grain and doing something a little different. Im also not sure the dark blue and Black badges really compliment each other.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
I will gladly pay you on Tuesday...
the arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to behold

the arkitect's Tacoma Gallery
Find a different shade of blue than the truck and try that. Do some tests on the MA once you shave the badges. A lighter blue would look clean, but not too light. Or even better idea, tape off the badges and use an exacto blade to cut out the interior of the letters. Then paint the interior dark blue to match the truck, then you get a silver outline on the TACO. That would look friggin' sweet and nobody has done that.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Gunmetal red would stand out way too much IMO, on the verge of fugly