Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Wax on plastic handles...how to remove

Old 08-22-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Wax on plastic handles...how to remove

I used NXT Generation Tech wax and while it is great on the body it has left a white looking mess on the black plastic door handles. How does one remove this white mess? Any of you detailer guys know any tips? A brush and Lysol helped a little, but it still remains.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
Mine's the silver one...
SilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the rough

SilverMac's Tacoma Gallery
Try some Turtlewax Ice... If that won't get it off, use "Back to Black".
Old 08-22-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMac View Post
If that won't get it off, use "Back to Black".
X2. The stuff even turns the wheel well skirts back to black. Also works on my spray-in bedliner.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:28 AM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Peanut butter... no kidding, it works.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:01 AM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Then how do you get the oily peanut butter off? Enlist one dog to do the job for you? Nom,Nom,Nom!!
Old 08-23-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
Wife thinks I am done Modding truck
Imrubicon is on a distinguished road

Army: Crash rescue\Medivac
Imrubicon's Tacoma Gallery
dremel with the little black soft brush
Old 08-23-2008, 06:16 AM   #7
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
x2. rub it on... and rub it off. washes out completely.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:31 AM   #8
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I used goo-gone and it worked perfectly.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
definitely mothers back to black. really great stuff.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
I scrubbed the areas I got wax on real good with a small brush and Mr. Clean spray and dishwashing detergent. I rinsed that off then tried Acetone rubbing with a rag. Most of it has come off and tomorrow before I wash the truck I will scrub the areas some more. Eventually I can use something like the back to black to get it looking as it should.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
uh.......................................pipe bomb??
Old 08-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #12
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
Armor All with old toothbrush has always worked for me.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #14
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanTRDmachine View Post
it sucks ass on the 95-04's i tried using it on the fender flares, bumpers and mirrors...it was horrible
well....that sucks for me then, cause my fender flares look like shit!!! gonna try it anyway tho!! another thing i seen was at wil mart.......and i think it was by 3m, and it was for black bumpers and trim and stuff.......just rub it on. i may try that if the b2b don't work.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:37 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
well....that sucks for me then, cause my fender flares look like shit!!! gonna try it anyway tho!! another thing i seen was at wil mart.......and i think it was by 3m, and it was for black bumpers and trim and stuff.......just rub it on. i may try that if the b2b don't work.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
how does that stuff dry,Chris??
Old 08-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #17
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
how does that stuff dry,Chris??
You can get it in the Flat black, which dries nice and even. I used the Gloss black on my 2000 as stuff doesnt stick to it as easy. Its the best thing to use to get that "New Black" back on your flares. I didnt even take my flares off the truck. I used a credit card to slide some paper under the rubber stip, masked it off so-so, and sprayed them.
I also did this on a buddies Honda Accord, and it worked really good on his bumper. I used the Flat Black on his, and it looked like new.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
watch the meat
cleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedcleanTRDmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
cleanTRDmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cleanTRDmachine
Quote:
if you try the Turtle Wax Ice on it, it works pretty well, but using the Back to Black makes swirl/rub marks
Old 08-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You can get it in the Flat black, which dries nice and even. I used the Gloss black on my 2000 as stuff doesnt stick to it as easy. Its the best thing to use to get that "New Black" back on your flares. I didnt even take my flares off the truck. I used a credit card to slide some paper under the rubber stip, masked it off so-so, and sprayed them.
cool!! thanks man!! if i cant get them looking better, i may give that a try!!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #20

Quote:
cool!! thanks man!! if i cant get them looking better, i may give that a try!!
Just give them a decent cleaning before you paint. I used Windex.