1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

taking it off

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by rik121, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Aug 24, 2008 at 12:57 AM
    rik121

rik121 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    [url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gall
    want to remove my badging off my doors and tallgate whats the best way to do so​

2. Aug 24, 2008 at 1:01 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    What i did was spray googone on 40lbs fishing string put it behind the badge and went in up and down you could use a heat gun just be careful dont put directly on truck can bubble paint, hair dryer works also. take your time no need to rush it.

3. Aug 24, 2008 at 6:38 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    +1 on the fishing line and taking your time.
    I used a spray on carnuba cleaner/wax for motorcycle paint and plastics to soften and clean the remaining putty off. Heat guns make me nervous...

4. Aug 24, 2008 at 7:44 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    mine were really easy to take off after the truck sat in the sun for a few hours and heated up......and fishing line works great for pulling under the emblems. a little goo gone afterwards, followed by a little wax and you'll be set.

5. Aug 24, 2008 at 7:59 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    u can also go to the local advanced or auto zone and get a can of sticker adhiesive remover and u can just wipe away the residue from the trd stickers and the stuff behind the emblems isnt too hard to remove either

6. Aug 24, 2008 at 8:26 PM
    Anthony

Anthony San Antonio Detailer :)

Member:
    Houston - Spring/Tomball area
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner access cab 2.7L M5
    Nfabs Afe Pro Dry UWS linex'd toolbox
    after you take everything off and youre left with residue... you can go to NAPA and get a "Stripe Off Wheel".. be sure you get the kit, and not the refill. Its basically a big rubber eraser wheel that you attach to a drill... and it heats up the gunk and makes it very easily removed.
    ive used mine on several trucks rather then blistering up fingers... the wheel itself will break down rather then damage your paint.
    Runs about $40.

7. Aug 24, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    monoman

monoman Time to get dirty!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Exotic, San Jose, Cal.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Silver Sky Tacoma SR Access Cab 4X4
    SnugTop SuperSport shell CaliRaisedLED light bar Toyo Open Country AT/3's Bilstein 5100's up front, (#2) & 4600 in rear Daily driver....
    The best way I have found to remove the letters is to use a blow dryer & heat them up a little. When you get them nice and hot, just peel em off, it's that simple. After you get them off, take some rubbing alcohol to get off any left over glue. All you need to do now is wax the area real nice & you should be good to go! Works better if you have an orbital buffer if you have swirl marks in the paint.

Products Discussed in

To Top