taking it off

Old 08-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #1
rik121 is on a distinguished road
rik121's Tacoma Gallery
taking it off

want to remove my badging off my doors and tallgate whats the best way to do so
Old 08-24-2008, 01:01 AM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
What i did was spray googone on 40lbs fishing string put it behind the badge and went in up and down you could use a heat gun just be careful dont put directly on truck can bubble paint, hair dryer works also. take your time no need to rush it.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:38 AM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
What i did was spray googone on 40lbs fishing string put it behind the badge and went in up and down you could use a heat gun just be careful dont put directly on truck can bubble paint, hair dryer works also. take your time no need to rush it.
+1 on the fishing line and taking your time.
I used a spray on carnuba cleaner/wax for motorcycle paint and plastics to soften and clean the remaining putty off. Heat guns make me nervous...
Old 08-24-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
mine were really easy to take off after the truck sat in the sun for a few hours and heated up......and fishing line works great for pulling under the emblems. a little goo gone afterwards, followed by a little wax and you'll be set.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
u can also go to the local advanced or auto zone and get a can of sticker adhiesive remover and u can just wipe away the residue from the trd stickers and the stuff behind the emblems isnt too hard to remove either
Old 08-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #6
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
after you take everything off and youre left with residue... you can go to NAPA and get a "Stripe Off Wheel".. be sure you get the kit, and not the refill. Its basically a big rubber eraser wheel that you attach to a drill... and it heats up the gunk and makes it very easily removed.
ive used mine on several trucks rather then blistering up fingers... the wheel itself will break down rather then damage your paint.
Runs about $40.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #7
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
The best way I have found to remove the letters is to use a blow dryer & heat them up a little. When you get them nice and hot, just peel em off, it's that simple. After you get them off, take some rubbing alcohol to get off any left over glue. All you need to do now is wax the area real nice & you should be good to go! Works better if you have an orbital buffer if you have swirl marks in the paint.