Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Window scratch

Old 08-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Window scratch

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'll give it a shot anyways.

I just got my truck back from my local Toyota dealer's bodyshop after they made repairs to my passenger doors after a hit and run. Much to my dismay, I noticed a small but noticable scratch on the window of the door that was impacted the most. I'm a clean freak who cleans my windows about three times a day (shut up ) and I would've definitely noticed this before I took it in. While I'm pleased with the body work, I'm not pleased with the window.

Is there any way to get the scratch out of the window without bringing it back to the shop and telling them they scratched my window? I would just feel like a dick doing that.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Look out the other window. Ok just kidding. Do you have a picture of the scratch? Are we talking a slight or deep scratch?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would say slight. I'll take one in daylight tomorrow.

We are probably talking about a scratch that probably won't even show up on film though, if that further answers your question.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^yep......need to see pics!! if you can run your fingernail over it and catch it....like if there is a small ridge in the window....by all means,take it back. they'll have to fix that if its bad enough.

maybe try some chrome polish and see if that gets rid of the scratch first.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #5

Oh you can definitely feel it. It might just show up on camera. I'll show you guys tomorrow!
Old 08-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #7

The scratch doesn't even show up in the picture.

I'll try what you guys suggested, and if that doesn't work I'll give them a call. Thanks guys!