Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

bad odor in seats

Old 08-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
bad odor in seats

does anybody know how to get stink off of seats. i got a bench seat. it really smells bad. would febreze help??
Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
does anybody know how to get stink off of seats. i got a bench seat. it really smells bad. would febreze help??
hey man, you need to clean it really good first.......water and some cleaner for cloth interiors, and use a shop vac to vacuum it all out. then, you can use something like febreeze, or some aspen air.........and something that works really well, no kidding, is some scent killer form wal mart on the isle where the hunting stuff is. that stuff works really good man........and it takes all different kinds of scents away!!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so whats it called ? i might go and see how much it is today. i just got done washing so after i vaccume it ill go see.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:50 AM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
so whats it called ? i might go and see how much it is today. i just got done washing so after i vaccume it ill go see.
its actually called scent killer!! it comes in a yellow,white and red bottle.

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/pub...er_Spray.shtml

scroll down too see the bottle. they come in smaller sizes at wal mart too man.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #5

hey thanks. yeah its a combo of lots of stuff, fish, hush puppy mix, seafood, and farts
Old 08-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Stop farting on your seats bro!

j/k I always wash them with a carpet cleaner, then let them dry on the sun a bit.... but i guess Will's advice is better...
Old 08-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #7

yeah i use turle wax seat cleaner. its got like a brush on the end of it. but that wont cut the fabric up will it??
Old 08-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #8

Quote:
yeah i use turle wax seat cleaner. its got like a brush on the end of it. but that wont cut the fabric up will it??
it shouldnt, as long as it isnt too stiff. if its a little flexible, then its ok.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #9

yeah i use it for all the carpet stains in my house and on my truck.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #10

Quote:
yeah i use it for all the carpet stains in my house and on my truck.
definitely try the scent killer.......it works wonders bro!!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #11

i think i just might
Old 09-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #12
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
I have used a Bissell Little Green (I think that's what it was called as I had borrowed it) and it did a great job cleaning my old cloth mustang seats. It is essentially a carpet cleaner but much smaller. I think you can buy them at Walmart and aren't all that expensive if you have chairs or seats sofa's, etc. that you need cleaned frequently. You have to buy specific solution for it, but as I recall it's only 3-4 dollars. Also, I used to make a 90/10 mix with febreeze (10% febreeze) just be se sure to rid the stench a while longer.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:23 AM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery

+

Old 09-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #15
Rockstar Junkie will become famous soon enough

Rockstar Junkie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Junkie
You can try some AbsorbAll!