Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

F0(#'ing nice spare tire holder!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
F0(#'ing nice spare tire holder!

this is pretty cool! i remember some guys talking about options for carrying spares in the bed...but not finding anything.

this looks like a great solution!
http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Tir...re_carrier.htm

several different setups.
sorry if this is old news, but i've never seen it before, and i've been looking for stuff like this.

no drilling- attach to existing hardware, can be set inside or outside and swing open!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Those are nice, but pricey.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a groupbuy deal at toyotanation for nfab's tirerack
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=263687
Old 08-31-2008, 10:25 PM   #4
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
Phoooooooo!

damn you're right.
in my excitement i hadn't gotten there yet. $$$$$$$$$$$
most only fit older tacos too.

however, if one says it fits an access or double cab 05+ taco, wouldn't it also fit a reg cab? are our tailgates any different?
Old 08-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombot View Post
Phoooooooo!

damn you're right.
in my excitement i hadn't gotten there yet. $$$$$$$$$$$
most fit older tacos too.

however, if one says it fits an access or double cab 05+ taco, wouldn't it also fit a reg cab? are our tailgates any different?
It should. Im not aware of any differences in the beds.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
I asked this question about a month ago, but I was looking for something to mount in the bed and still keep my cover on.
I have a great idea, but still need to put it on paper, and get someone to do the cutting and welding. Mounting points will be the front and back bolts, but very low proflie.
Like a stretched out spider, with the inner legs missing.
I'd be interested to see your design whenever you get around to drawing it up...
Old 09-01-2008, 08:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
I asked this question about a month ago, but I was looking for something to mount in the bed and still keep my cover on.
I have a great idea, but still need to put it on paper, and get someone to do the cutting and welding. Mounting points will be the front and back bolts, but very low proflie.
Like a stretched out spider, with the inner legs missing.
Put it on paper, and send it to me. Maybe I can build it for ya.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:56 AM   #10
Moose
MooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMooseTX82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USS John Paul Jones; Gas Turbine Technician Electrical 2nd Class (SW)
MooseTX82's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking for the same thing about a few weeks ago. My problem was the price. I was told I can totally fit a 285/70/R17 tho in the stock holder with a bit of modifications. Have not read up on it or tried anything yet tho.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:01 AM   #11
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
wow that looks really good. but way pricey as said before i dont think its worth that much
Old 09-03-2008, 07:44 AM   #12
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a way to lock the tire, to keep the creatins from stealing it? If you live in an urban area like I do, if it isn't locked down it tends to run away.