Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Damn water spots

Old 09-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #1
808Koma is on a distinguished road
Navy: CIWS
808Koma's Tacoma Gallery
Damn water spots

I have read through some posts and havent seen much about removal of water spots, other that the detailer thread, which said use a clay bar and proceed from there with the rest of the steps. I have never used a clay bar system before and had a couple questions.

I have the Mcguires clay bar kit and it came with the 2 little bars, when are you supposed to switch bars?

Also what gets the hard water spots off of the windows.

I live in hawaii and the automatic sprinklers out here are harsh on the cars
Old 09-04-2008, 01:08 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808Koma View Post
I have read through some posts and havent seen much about removal of water spots, other that the detailer thread, which said use a clay bar and proceed from there with the rest of the steps. I have never used a clay bar system before and had a couple questions.

I have the Mcguires clay bar kit and it came with the 2 little bars, when are you supposed to switch bars?

Also what gets the hard water spots off of the windows.

I live in hawaii and the automatic sprinklers out here are harsh on the cars
for the clay bars.........you only need to change them out when they are super dirty, like after a few good clay jobs. when you use one.....you need to keep it soft and keep rolling it around in your hands and squishing it, and be sure to use the lube(or......even cheaper...save the lube that came with the kit....its just detailer), and use regular car wash soap.......alot cheaper. as for water spots on the windows.........try chrome polish, and if that doesnt work........try some vinegar and newspaper. rub it in till the spots are gone, they use a good window cleaner like stoner invisible glass. also....wouldnt hurt for you to use rain-x on all the windows..
Old 09-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
And afterwards wax the truck so next time it is easier to remove.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:14 AM   #4
808Koma is on a distinguished road
Navy: CIWS
808Koma's Tacoma Gallery
alright thanks, I am going to take care of it on my day off tomorrow and the proceed to jack up the automatic sprinklers in my drive way
Old 09-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
To get tough water spots off your windows try Spot-X. This stuff works wonders on windows! You can get it at The Home Depot for a few bucks. Don't forget to get the white scrubber pad too......
Old 10-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #7
Tman is on a distinguished road

Navy: Chief Radioman (RMC SW)
Tman's Tacoma Gallery
I have used a little bit of white distilled vinegar. Worked really good.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #8
mitiko is on a distinguished road
mitiko's Tacoma Gallery
wheel acid work but clean after whit water don't let dry.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #9
mitiko is on a distinguished road
mitiko's Tacoma Gallery

only $7.50 be carefull read the instruccions firts don't let dry any place....
Old 10-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I went to my window tint shop and picked up some "Nothen's Better Water stain Remover', I highly recomend it! Look it up. it's seriously amazing. The freaken best! It get's rid of water spots and gets damaged windows looking new. It will even work on chrome and other surfaces.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:28 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
I went to my window tint shop and picked up some "Nothen's Better Water stain Remover', I highly recomend it! Look it up. it's seriously amazing. The freaken best! It get's rid of water spots and gets damaged windows looking new. It will even work on chrome and other surfaces.
thanks for the heads up man. i definitely gotta look into that.....the windows on my 04 are in pretty bad shape!!
Old 10-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #12
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
thanks for the heads up man. i definitely gotta look into that.....the windows on my 04 are in pretty bad shape!!
No problem Man!!