Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

does anyone else???

Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone else???

wash there truck like once every 2 days i just cant help but doing it. i hope theres no downside to that??
Old 09-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I have abused mine and washed it one time since taking delivery....I am working it out in the fields daily so it wouldnt do it much good to try and keep it clean these days although I should take more care. I figure if your using top quality stuff to keep her looking good you should be fine.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I wash mine about ounce a week too, and wax it every couple of months. Actually just did it this morning. But im surprised how dusty and dirty it can get after a couple of days, and especially the supid love bugs, Im always cleanning my windshield and grill, from those damn bugs. But I figure if you keep it waxed and use good stuff, it shouldn't hurt anything to wash your truck often.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
i wish i could wash my car that much. its too hot right outside to wash it. and when night falls im too tired. the only downfall i can see is the paint wearing out a bit quicker. other than that you might ffind more scratches with every wash and get mad hahaha.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #8
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
I have had mine for 9 1/2 months now and have only missed maybe 2-3 weeks of washing it. I normally wash it by hand once a week and every 3 months it gets a wax. Quick Detailer a couple of times between waxes. The only thing paint wise I have noticed is, nothing at all. It looks as good or better than the day I brought it home. Yes it has the 15K miles of road specks on it that can not be avoided but overall she seems to be holding up real well. I do have a few mysterious yellowish orangeish colored spots under the paint on the front bumper Plastic. Others have noticed this on their paint as well. Go look and see if you see any them on your Tacoma front bumper. They are mostly very subtle looking but when you see it your eyes will be drawn to it every time. It appears to be under the clear coat and part of the paint or it's leeching into the paint from underneath it.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #9
steveb is on a distinguished road
steveb's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think there is any harm except a waste of your time!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #10
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Wash it every two weeks, but since it has been very rainy im doing it almost once a month.....