Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

turtle wax ice.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
turtle wax ice.

just bought some today havent got to use it yet i thought it would be good since i have the black plastic fenders. anyone else used this stuff yet? were you happy with it?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma08MZ View Post
just bought some today havent got to use it yet i thought it would be good since i have the black plastic fenders. anyone else used this stuff yet? were you happy with it?
I'm very happy with the Turtle Wax "ICE" line-up....
i have their car wash, polish, and clay bar
Old 09-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Was wondering the same thing i want to know if its as good as the commercials
Old 09-06-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
im gonna TRY to wax the truck tomorrow ill post up again and tell you how it turned out.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #5
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have heard it works realy well, and looks nice. However the coat tends not last as long as other products.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i like the tw ice pretty good. it goes on/comes off really easy, and has a decent shine. the only downfall is that it doesnt last long at all, but if you wash and wax regularly, then it should be fine. the first time i used it, i clayberred and polished, then used like 4 coats of the ice...........my truck shined like a sumbitch!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:35 PM   #7
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I like it for ease of on and off, but it doesn't seem to last long and provide much protection.

So, I just use it when I don't have a lot of time and want to get down a layer of protection and shine.

When I do have time, I use Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection.

Lasts long, has a very deep luster the brought out depth in the paint I never saw. Synthetic sealant.

Can be layered according to the instructions. Whereas other waxes say that more on top won't do any good. This gives a slickness I've never seen with other products. Almost greasy is how the surface feels.

http://www.autogeek.net/four-star-paint-protection.html
Old 09-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #9
Mine's the silver one...
SilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the rough

SilverMac's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure about how long it lasts, but since I like to wax often, it works great for me. It is really easy to get on and off...even in the sun. The liquid clay bar is nice (but does not work as well as a real claybar). I really like the detailer spray. I use it in between washing/waxing when it is slightly dirty... good stuff.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
"Obviously, You're not a Golfer..."
swervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswervin22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FCC(SW) Aegis FCS, Soon to Be LCPO on the USS BULKELY
Name: Jonas
swervin22's Tacoma Gallery
not sure that i agree, i used it about 5 weeks ago, and its still beading up fine for me.... plus, like everyone else said, it does go on easy. i give it 2 big fat thumbs up!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #11
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
How does it compare to Meguiers nxt wax?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
i love my turtle ice... it brings the shine out
Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
How does it compare to Meguiers nxt wax?
meguiars nxt wax is great, as is the tw ice, but it lasts a bit longer than the ice from what i have seen, and i have used both. sometimes, i would use a coat of both, and the shine and smoothness is optimal then.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:42 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, My neighbor used Ice all the time, and I use System One. Well, we met one morning, and I waxed half of his truck with System One, and he did the other side with TW Ice. No comparison, the System One was better. Lasts a good while, too.

If you want, check it out here:
http://polishandwax.com/shop/
Old 09-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #16
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Well what I do is do a good paste wax with the meguiars nxt twice a year, takes about two hours and a six pack to complete. About once a month I use the TW Ice when I wash it and it looks nice. However I don't think the TW Ice is enough to cover all the things that a good old fashon paste wax gives you.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:48 PM   #17
Flyguy is on a distinguished road
Flyguy's Tacoma Gallery
What he said
Old 10-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #18
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
So what's a good long lasting wax you guys use on your trucks? For a while now, I've been using Techwax. It goes on real easy & not too bad coming off, but it doesn't seem to last too long......Thoughts?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #19
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I tried some TW Ice paste wax on the hood and front fender today and i was REALLY disappointed in my purchase of this stuff. i simply stopped there because it didnt seem to shine up nearly as good as the Tech wax nor did it remove any of the fine swirls and water spots sitting on the paint. im gonna use my Meguiars NXT Tech liquid wax on it tomorrow to make my truck look good again. so far i havent found anything better than the tech wax.....Anyone want some free TW ice paste wax?.....
Old 10-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #20
jrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the rough

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Jason
jrws6's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiars NXT is super easy to apply, and has superior shine/protection to any storebought wax/polish available. I used all their stuff from Cleaner Wax, to the NXT, Great products. Mequiars Hot Rims wheel cleaner is great too!