Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Rain-X Yes or No?

Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
SoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to all
Name: Chris
SoBaySick's Tacoma Gallery
Rain-X Yes or No?

Is Rain-X G2G for my windshield??

It's dumpin rain here right now... A few months back we rented a 2011 Sienna for a trip down to Disneyland with the fam and the windshield was amazing! It was pouring rain the whole way back up to Nor Cal and I didn't turn the wipers on once. I don't know if they used Rain-X or something else (or maybe the Sienna's have something standard?).

Thanks
Old 02-20-2011, 02:16 AM   #2
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
ive used rain-x on several vehicles including my tacoma and i love it. yhe windshield clears alot easier and it seems to make the wipers glide rather than drag across the window
Old 02-20-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
I used it when I was in Oregon, commuting from Gresham to Corvallis. In a real rain, at more than 50mph, it works great. Not so much on drizzle and road spray, and not at all at lower speed.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
UCKYUK is on a distinguished road

UCKYUK's Tacoma Gallery
I've used it for years & years and it works great! I would actually recommend to use it on all the windows and not just the windshield - keeps them all dry and much cleaner!!
Old 02-20-2011, 03:41 AM   #5
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
dupont final detail on windows.......
Old 02-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
My husband loves it. However - it does wear off and you have to reapply it.

Currently, my husband has rain-X AND Rain-X wipers on his Acura and the wipers (or combo of) and he's not impressed. I have RainX wipers but no rainx on the windshield on the truck and mine work just fine. Not sure.....or maybe depends on the wipers how often you have to reapply the rainX, the car/truck..????

If you use RainX on the windshield and need to get the windshield repaired it's VERY difficult to do...and some of the window repair people won't touch it. You'll have to search for details....
Old 02-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #7
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
the morning fog blows... but i still use it. i put the washer additive in now. vs the lame polishing method.

thing is. on rainy days in the country... the dirty spray will kill it first swipe. clay mud just absorbs the oil or whatever...
Old 02-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Rain-X window cleaner I use on all my windows, and I put the Rain-X washer fluid in. Water flies off the windshield.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoter16 View Post
rain-x makes my wipers drag and its really annoying.
Yea, when you're using them but probably don't need to, yea, it doesn't work well on a dry windshield.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #11
SoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to allSoBaySick is a name known to all
Name: Chris
SoBaySick's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the answers!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #12
dmz1241 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
dmz1241's Tacoma Gallery
Love rainx. my buddy got me into it, and now my whole family and my girlfriend have rainx. i swear on rainx.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #13
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I manually apply, then maintain with the washer fluid additive. Love it!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:07 PM   #14
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Love Rain-X. I only apply it on my windshield about every other month or so though.