Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

bird poop

Old 09-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
ZeroFMN.com
tamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tamer
tamer's Tacoma Gallery
bird poop

i've got a black 2008 trd off-road and i've got a bird poop stain that just won't go, no matter how much i wash it, any tips?
Old 09-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamer View Post
i've got a black 2008 trd off-road and i've got a bird poop stain that just won't go, no matter how much i wash it, any tips?
try some claybar first, then polish and wax. if the poop sat on there for a good while, there is a chance it has etched into the paint. hopefully....the claybar/polish/wax combo will work.

oh yeah....welcome to tw!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #3
ZeroFMN.com
tamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tamer
tamer's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the welcome!

i've heard of the claybar but never used it, how does it work? can i pick it up pretty much at any car place?

thanks for the quick reply..
Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
+1 to what tacomaman06 said. probably etched into the paint. my old truck got the same thing right down the bedside, never could get it to disappear, luckily it was on silver so it wasnt horribly noticeable. welcome to TW.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #5
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I had bought a used truck some years back and after i washed it the first time I noticed it had some bird poop stains on the hood, 2 to be exact. I tried clay, polish, wax, etc. It finally got fixed a month before I sold it. Someone hit me and I got a new paint job on most of the truck.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Sonofa Bitch (me) I've been staring at bird poop on my hood all weekend thinking, dude wash that off, just never got around to it. I never knew it would eat paint. Thanks for the post to remind me to get that off!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Two days ago i had a bird poop stain on the hood, but i think it was that kind of transparent one because i didnt saw it before, and with all the rain the truck was dirty and the stain unnoticeable, i washed first then used a some meguiars color X for a couple of times and the satin dissapeared, regular wash wont do much, use a polish or wax...
Old 09-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #9
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
i've used scratch X on my truck to get out deep scratches and imperfections in the paint...worked very well...would prob. work for your situation....i have a silver taco here, my problem i'm facing is, is that any bugs or bird poop left on my front bumper leaves an ugly orange/yellow stain that nothing will take out....i even had a professional who owns a bodyshop try and nothing
i got bout 12 of these stains on my bumper and one on my painted grill since i've bought it 10 months ago (unfortunitely i park below a tree, that's the only place i can at my apt)...i'm about ready to formally complain to toyota...

Old 09-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #10
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacosport View Post
i've used scratch X on my truck to get out deep scratches and imperfections in the paint...worked very well...would prob. work for your situation....i have a silver taco here, my problem i'm facing is, is that any bugs or bird poop left on my front bumper leaves an ugly orange/yellow stain that nothing will take out....i even had a professional who owns a bodyshop try and nothing
i got bout 12 of these stains on my bumper and one on my painted grill since i've bought it 10 months ago (unfortunitely i park below a tree, that's the only place i can at my apt)...i'm about ready to formally complain to toyota...

my 06 silver tacoma was the same way. i had 3 or 4 yellow stains from bugs, and nothing i did would get rid of that shit.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I had bird poop on my car and its now a permenant stain oh well i should have washed it off but thats what i get for being lazy.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #12
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
my 06 silver tacoma was the same way. i had 3 or 4 yellow stains from bugs, and nothing i did would get rid of that shit.
you know i actually started a thread here and on toyo nation bout this prob, and almost every silver owner experienced this...i had an 00 corolla and an 02 taco all silver ( not to mention the other 2 non toyotas i had in silver) and i NEVER had this problem...it's getting to the point that if i don't use a car cover and or clean the truck everyday, i get more and more...the other day i left the cover off by mistake and came out to 3 more stains...i seriously want to bitch to toyota...there's no reason why the paint should stain that easily IMO...i talked to local dealer when i went to get a part, and the shop told me they never heard of this...mine's an 06, maybe some bad paint jobs got thru?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #13

Quote:
you know i actually started a thread here and on toyo nation bout this prob, and almost every silver owner experienced this...i had an 00 corolla and an 02 taco all silver ( not to mention the other 2 non toyotas i had in silver) and i NEVER had this problem...it's getting to the point that if i don't use a car cover and or clean the truck everyday, i get more and more...the other day i left the cover off by mistake and came out to 3 more stains...i seriously want to bitch to toyota...there's no reason why the paint should stain that easily IMO...i talked to local dealer when i went to get a part, and the shop told me they never heard of this...mine's an 06, maybe some bad paint jobs got thru?
hell, i'd give toyota a shout on the 800 number. let them know about it and see if they are willing to do anything. tell them what you told us, about having to cleanit everyday or having to cover it to keep the stains off. i agree............the paint shouldnt stain that easily, and silver is the only color i have seen or heard of this problem with.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #14
AKA "06tacosport"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hell, i'd give toyota a shout on the 800 number. let them know about it and see if they are willing to do anything. tell them what you told us, about having to cleanit everyday or having to cover it to keep the stains off. i agree............the paint shouldnt stain that easily, and silver is the only color i have seen or heard of this problem with.
yeah i'm definitely going to do that...but the weird thing is, is that it'll only happen on my plastic parts...i got the same stains on my hood, and those just wiped right off, without leaving a mark...could it maybe be something with the way the silver paint bonds with the plastic?...yeah if it was upto me i think toyota should repaint it and then clear bra it for me no charge maybe i should get a whole bunch of people with this problem and hit em' with all of our complaints all at once....oh by the way sorry for hacking the thread OP....
Old 09-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #15

Quote:
yeah i'm definitely going to do that...but the weird thing is, is that it'll only happen on my plastic parts...i got the same stains on my hood, and those just wiped right off, without leaving a mark...could it maybe be something with the way the silver paint bonds with the plastic?...yeah if it was upto me i think toyota should repaint it and then clear bra it for me no charge maybe i should get a whole bunch of people with this problem and hit em' with all of our complaints all at once....oh by the way sorry for hacking the thread OP....
yeah, there wasnt a problem with stains on the hood, only the soft front bumper as far as i can remember. the hood always cleaned up great. give them a call and file a complaint and let us know if that does anything.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #16
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy2 View Post
I'm sure its itched by now, wife's 07 Camry///graphite and she forgot to tell me, 2 days later I see it and blew a gasket....used a clay bar and some scratch remover.....plus waxed it, came out okay, but have to do it every week to keep it from re-appearing.....
Try an actual polish that has some cut to it and it will remove it.