Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

ScotchGuarding the seats?

Old 09-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
ardbeg is on a distinguished road
ardbeg's Tacoma Gallery
ScotchGuarding the seats?

Anyone ever scotchguarded the vinyl seats of their tacoma. Is scotchguard safe for them. I don't want them to dissintegrate or something. comments anyone?
Old 09-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardbeg View Post
Anyone ever scotchguarded the vinyl seats of their tacoma. Is scotchguard safe for them. I don't want them to dissintegrate or something. comments anyone?
i used the spray scotchguard for the seats in the 06 tacoma that i had. i followed directions, but then i repeated the process when it was dry. it actually worked pretty well, and it kept any stains from a drink or something to a bare minimal..........and trust me.......the wifey likes to spill drinks such as sweet tea and coke!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i used the spray scotchguard for the seats in the 06 tacoma that i had. i followed directions, but then i repeated the process when it was dry. it actually worked pretty well, and it kept any stains from a drink or something to a bare minimal..........and trust me.......the wifey likes to spill drinks such as sweet tea and coke!!!
Scotchguard works on vinyl? I thought it was only for cloth.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
Scotchguard works on vinyl? I thought it was only for cloth.
i dont know about vinyl, but the seats in my trd offroad were cloth.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
ardbeg is on a distinguished road
ardbeg's Tacoma Gallery
Scotchguarding the seats

Thanks a bunch for the reply everyone. Tried a small test area with the scotchguard, no worries! Did all the seats and will go over again after drying. As for the vinyl interior, I thought cloth as well, but i was only referring to the 07 Tacoma owners manual that said, " The vinyl upholstery may be easily cleaned with a mild soap or detergent and water". Perhaps the 07's have a slightly different interior than other years. Cheers.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I WISH the Tacoma's had a Vinyl interior option.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I treated my SR5 cloth seats as well as the carpet...have not spilled anything and hope not too but the red dirt that always seems to get everywhere has always left carpet stains so I am hoping that the stain preventer will help me keep them looking good for a while.