LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Taking care of the chrome...

Old 09-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
The New Guy
Fuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really nice

Fuzzyman81's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzyman81
Taking care of the chrome...

Hey guys... the only Chrome I have on my truck is the bumpers and exhaust tip but its starting to look alittle "rough". How do you guys take care of or polish the chrome?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
When I brought my truck home the headlights were covered in bug goo, so I picked up some of this: http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/produc...T1=MEG+G12310&.

Made them look new. Was too easy, hadn't planned on finishing up that quick, didn't wanna go in the house yet.

So I put some on the chrome bumper. Figured it didn't scratch plastic, it shouldn't hurt chrome either, but started kinda underneath the rear bumper just in case.

Made it shine like brand new. So I took out the orbital buffer and did the entire front and rear bumpers. Cleaned them better than any chrome polish my ex wife left in the closet!
Old 09-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i ahve always used some mothers chrome polish, and also some of the blue magic metal polish, then i wax the area real good. i did this to the bumpers and they usually stayed looking really good and smooth.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
The New Guy
Fuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really niceFuzzyman81 is just really nice

Fuzzyman81's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fuzzyman81
Sweet. I just wasn't sure if it was ok to use normal chrome/metal polish on them....