Notices

Undercarriage and Wheel wells

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD is on a distinguished road
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Undercarriage and Wheel wells

Friday I took my truck in to have the TSB done on the leaf springs. I got it back looking brand new! Now, I wash my truck once a week and apply tire cleaner and such. However, these guys made the wheel wells and the undercarriage look pristine.

What do they use? What do you guys use? I'd like to spray something on and easily spray it off with a hose.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
You need to scrub out the wheel wells and then use a product such as Chemical Guys Bare Bones or Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
Reaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: P3 Flight Engineer / 737 Crew Chief
Name: Brandon
Reaper10's Tacoma Gallery
Bare Bones rocks!!! Really good stuff, well priced and lasts a good long while before you have to re-apply it!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper10 View Post
Bare Bones rocks!!! Really good stuff, well priced and lasts a good long while before you have to re-apply it!

This stuff?

http://www.amazon.com/Look-UnderCarr.../dp/B001TJWO4Q

Doesn't it just shine up the dirt? I want a cleaner, and then apply something like this.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneHD View Post
This stuff?

http://www.amazon.com/Look-UnderCarr.../dp/B001TJWO4Q

Doesn't it just shine up the dirt? I want a cleaner, and then apply something like this.
Yes that's the stuff. You need to get a stiff bristle brush and some type of all purpose cleaner such as meguairs to clean the wheel wells before applying the barebones.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TmecTaco79's Tacoma Gallery
Is that what dealers or detailers use under the hood as well?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #7

I would not use it under the hood because I think it's flammable. Most detailers clean the engine and then apply a trim protectant to all the plastic and hoses to make it look like new.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Reaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReaper10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmecTaco79 View Post
Is that what dealers or detailers use under the hood as well?

I use the barebones on the undercarriage, wheel wells, the engine bay and heck I've even used it on my tonno cover.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #9

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishntaco View Post
I would not use it under the hood because I think it's flammable. Most detailers clean the engine and then apply a trim protectant to all the plastic and hoses to make it look like new.
Well crap! I never heard of it being flammable!!! hold on...I'm gonna go check...
Old 03-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #10
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I used duplicolor spray on bedliner on my undercarriage and wheel wells. Keeps them nice and black. The dirt cleans pretty easily with soap and water.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper10 View Post
Whew... It's not flammable but my zippo is really shiny now!!!
I may have been making that up but I thought I remembered reading a thread on a detailing forum where they said it was flammable. Good to know it's not flammable.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #13
TmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTmecTaco79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I might have to buy some and try it it's nice having a spotless engine bay sometimes but it never stays that way for long cause my truck is attracted to dirt I think
Old 03-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
saltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant future

Name: johnny
saltshaker's Tacoma Gallery
I just spray under it and in the wheel wells at the car wash then hit it with engine detail spray. I did that to my 01 last week and it looks new. I always hit my wheel wells with whatever I'm shining the tires with.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #15
Taco Tuesday
ShaneHD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
I just spray under it and in the wheel wells at the car wash then hit it with engine detail spray. I did that to my 01 last week and it looks new. I always hit my wheel wells with whatever I'm shining the tires with.
And this is OK on the brake calipers?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #16

Quote:
What kinda engine detail do you use?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
saltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant futuresaltshaker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneHD View Post
And this is OK on the brake calipers?
I didn't mean to sound like I sprayed it on the wheels, just the wheel well liners and frame and suspension and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmecTaco79 View Post
What kinda engine detail do you use?
I don't remember the name, I'll check tomorrow when I go outside. You find it in an aerosol can next to the Gunk engine cleaner at the parts store.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #18

Oh ok cool. I'll check into it.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #19

CD-2 engine detailer

It rained pretty hard the other day and its been over a week since I cleaned it but it still looks pretty good, especially since she's 10 years old.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #20
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
CD-2 engine detailer

It rained pretty hard the other day and its been over a week since I cleaned it but it still looks pretty good, especially since she's 10 years old.

Where do you buy that CD2? I haven't seen that stuff in years. I used to use it in the engine bay on my accord but I don't see anyone that carries it anymore.

Products Discussed in this Thread