Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

De-badging/Painting badges/ Re-badging

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2008, 09:00 AM   #21
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Hey casey so you didnt use sand paper you just used the adhesion spray? keep me posted in the long run to see how it holds up. I really hope that tape doesnt damage your paint.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #22
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Hey casey was asking me about it. My name is nick. I started the thread.

Yea I used the adhesion spray thinking that I might not sand the badge evenly and it would look dumb but it was just me. Sand paper would do the same thing. The adhesion spray is just the chemical way of doing it.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:47 AM   #23
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cool yeah i sanded the badges like you said same thing.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #25
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Ebay. they even sell them in black.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #26
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Yea ebay. But I got the chrome ones and painted mine
Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #28
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
looking to do this tomorrow. how much did the adhesive spray the krylon cans run ya?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #29
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up. I'm still to nervous to do it myself.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #30
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

did you also black out the front toyota emblem?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #31
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
The paint was like 8 bucks or something. I didn't do the front emblem. I thought about it and then decided against it. If you want to see how it looks take black electric tape and tape over the badge. That is how I decided I didn't like it.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:55 AM   #32
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
I'm thinking about blacking out my emblems today. I'm bored and I have to do cheap mods for awhile.

Did you use flat black? I read in another post someone used Testors brand...black pearl I think. I'm wonder which is better.

Long term, does the tape affect the paint (of the truck) at all?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #33
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Yea it was a black of some kind I don't remember what. But it depends on what year but if its only an 06 I think you will be good. Mine was an 07 and when I peeled the tape off there wasn't any fading
Old 09-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #34
do w3rk!

Is 3M tape the best way to rebadge? OR are there other ways?
Old 09-28-2008, 12:29 PM   #35
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_TazComa View Post
I'm thinking about blacking out my emblems today. I'm bored and I have to do cheap mods for awhile.

Did you use flat black? I read in another post someone used Testors brand...black pearl I think. I'm wonder which is better.

Long term, does the tape affect the paint (of the truck) at all?
the black pearl by testors is suggested if youre recreating the black pearl emblems that toyota used to put on some vehicles

for this you really can use whatever color you want
Old 09-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #36
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
Is 3M tape the best way to rebadge? OR are there other ways?
That is what is basically held on by the factory. You could use some kind of epoxy or glue I guess but it would peel off paint if you tried to take them off again...

Basically just use 3M tape. They stay on just fine.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #37
do w3rk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
That is what is basically held on by the factory. You could use some kind of epoxy I guess but it would peel off paint if you tried to take them off again...

Basically just use 3M tape. They stay on just fine.
Thanksss
Old 02-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #38
I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!
TheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud ofTheTacoManChach has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
TheTacoManChach's Tacoma Gallery
So... how long have you had these on now? and how fast have you gone...
im just wondering cause that Law Office sign on the tape is probably not subjected to 70-80-90-100+ mph...
Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #39
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
good stuff, i never heard of the adhesion promoter, good stuff!! this coming weekend i'm planning on doing it, thanks!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #40
blacksandtaco is on a distinguished road

blacksandtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the black sand factory paint on my 07. Any thoughts on what color and sheen of black will look best? Trying to decide between black pearl or flat black, but thinking gloss black might look okay too. Sometimes I wish Toyota didn't add a metallic flake to their blacksand paint. Oh well.

Socalax - what are the approximate dimensions of your emblems? Ebay sells them in large (6'' x 1'') or small (3-1/2'' x 1/2''). Just curious. Thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread