Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Door ding repair

Old 04-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
Door ding repair

I noticed I have a lovely new door ding so I did the little googling and found this repair method...

Hold a hair dryer to the ding for 20 to 30 seconds until it is hot, and spray with an upside-down can of compressed air, covering the area with liquid CO2. The dent should pop out on its own in less than a minute. Wipe the area clean with a soft, clean cloth.

Anybody know if this actually works? Does it harm the paint at all?
Old 04-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i' ve seen you tube videos of good size dents popping out this way check out you tube.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like some kind of voo-doo to me. Did you read it from the Nocranomicon?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Try it and let us know how it goes.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
RightCoastRipper is on a distinguished road
Name: Devin
RightCoastRipper's Tacoma Gallery
here's the video that was mentioned before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILVWPzO_swY

i've never done this before, but it looks like it has to be a pretty big dent, and the metal can't be creased either.