Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Sunshade - dumb question

Old 09-24-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
JR_Ewing is on a distinguished road

JR_Ewing's Tacoma Gallery
Sunshade - dumb question

i just got one that is silver on one side and blue on the other. i have always wondered specifically what each side is for regarding sun reflection. anyone know?
Old 09-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
the silver should reflect the heat better.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
JR_Ewing is on a distinguished road

JR_Ewing's Tacoma Gallery
so does the blue side absorb it? like better to use when its cold outside?
Old 09-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_Ewing View Post
so does the blue side absorb it? like better to use when its cold outside?
I have no idea about the blue. a black matte one would absorb the best. Although you would be better off not using one in the cold.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think something like this was covered in High School science. The darker the color, the more it will absorb heat. Since blue is darker than silver, then, yes, it will absorb heat more.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
Mine's the silver one...
SilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the rough

SilverMac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I have no idea about the blue. a black matte one would absorb the best. Although you would be better off not using one in the cold.
I actually do use mine when it is cold (not that it ever gets that cold in Dallas, but since the UV rays are still eating at my dash, I try to keep them out as much as possible...
Old 05-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
sr5dude is on a distinguished road
sr5dude's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a 96 tacoma sr5 with a factory sunroof. I am looking for a factory sunshade for my truck. Toyota does no longer stocks this item. I am going to have to use the darkest tint I can find until I can locate one of these. I appreciate any leads I can get on this part.
SR5dude