Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Turtle Wax Black Detailer

Old 04-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Turtle Wax Black Detailer

Has anyone had experience with the Black Detailer from Turtle Wax? Being a Turtle Wax product, I don't give it much hope.

I have a friend who swears by it, I picked some up today and will try it after a wash in the morning. It claims to give a wet look to black paint and remove swirls. Basically its a sealant that will mask swirls for a day or two, but my truck is filthy after a day at work anyway, so its no biggie.

I would never use this on a new truck, I do understand that this is not a correct procedure for paint correction.

Im excited to see how it turns out, if I can get my camera back I will have pictures on here tommorow.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
bigdaddytaco is on a distinguished road
Name: jared
bigdaddytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i wont to know what a best wax money can buy would be
Old 04-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #3
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Use the black box by turtle wax. I used it on my old car and each time i used it the paint would look better little by little
Old 04-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I apologize it took so long for a response. To make a long story short, my computer is a little under the weather.

I have a ton of pictures Im going to upload here in the next few minutes. I love the stuff!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Here are some before shots of the paint. Notice the swirls and specks in the hood.

After finishing the wash. I did still have a decent bead without anything added. Im a synthetic wax guy, I dont like the paste. Unfortunally I always just grab the cheap stuff from Advanced Auto rather than get professional products and do it right. But who cares

And here is the finished product. It came out fantastic! The paint has a very smooth, glossy appearance even in direct sunlight. I had a picture of the hood to show a before and after. It isnt showing on my memory card.

I also did my door jams.

This is by all means a great alternative to buffing. Im sure this product only lasts a few weeks but it has held up so far. I drove through about 3 hours of rain on the interstate today and the truck still looks pretty clean.