Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

What stuff do you use to take the TRD decal off the bed that will not scratch?

Old 04-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
09 tacomaa is on a distinguished road
Name: Cole
09 tacomaa's Tacoma Gallery
What stuff do you use to take the TRD decal off the bed that will not scratch?

Lookin for something that is safe to use on the paint
Old 04-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Wd40
Old 04-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard great things about GooGone. They sell it at most home improvement places. If that doesn't work lighter fluid matches and steel wool should finish things up lol.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
what I did was I used a hair dryer on it to melt the adhesive then slowly peeled the decal off. Then for the stuff left over I used goo gone and it got it all
Old 04-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
i just used a heat gun and all the glue was gone with the sticker so i didnt have to worry about it but ive heard good stuff about goo gone, but i highly recommend using a heat gun or hair dryer to get most of the glue off along with the sticker
Old 04-17-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
what I did was I used a hair dryer on it to melt the adhesive then slowly peeled the decal off. Then for the stuff left over I used goo gone and it got it all
X2

I did this with the body side moldings on my Ram which had feded and were an eyesore. Worked good, couldn't tell a difference after but it took a lot of time and elbow grease.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X2.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
goo gone FTMFW
Old 04-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #11
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
make sure you dont use too much force when getting the goop off that is left from the sticker, or else you will scratch the f**k out of your paint.

i recommend goo gone and a microfiber cloth once you get the label off... and a good coat of wax afterwards
Old 04-22-2011, 03:09 AM   #12
rc51ny is on a distinguished road

rc51ny's Tacoma Gallery
stickers off

Quote:
This is exactly what I did to get the stickers off my motorcycle. Just take your time and it will work GREAT!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:50 AM   #13
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
I used:
  1. Heat gun on low
  2. Pull decal off
  3. Rubber eraser wheel
  4. Clay bar
  5. Swirl mark remover
  6. Coat of wax.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:32 AM   #14
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
NOT GOOF-OFF!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #15
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
goof off will strip the clear coat
Old 04-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #16
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
goo gone FTMFW
This ^^^^
Old 04-25-2011, 04:08 AM   #17
qbert is on a distinguished road

Name: Brady
qbert's Tacoma Gallery
I tested both Goo Gone and WD40 when I removed my decals and WD40 seemed to work a little better for me.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #18
TacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaGirl09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amanda
TacomaGirl09's Tacoma Gallery
I used goo gone. That stuff works great.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #19
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't done it personally but I hear pressure washers work great!! If not googone
Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #20
iowa530 will become famous soon enoughiowa530 will become famous soon enough
iowa530's Tacoma Gallery
Sunshine and a medical adhesive remover pad. After a wash, claybar, and wax, there was no sign of the sticker.