1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drive Around Detailers

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by arcjan, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Apr 29, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    arcjan

arcjan [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jabba
    Arcadia, CA
    Vehicle:
    '06 Toy Tac PreSR5
    Tailgate Security
    Hey Guys,

My wife has a car wash service that comes to her work. They have their van setup for all the work. My question to all of you is... Can I trust the product they are using? Well, should I trust the person at all? :confused:

2. Apr 29, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    That's kind of a broad question...

What products are they using? Obviously someone at her workplace has used their services at sometime otherwise the detailer wouldn't come back. Ask for feedback...

3. Apr 29, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    Turdburglar

Turdburglar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Enola, PA
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCSB SR5
    Trifecta, AVS Bugflector, TRD skid plate, 45% tint front windows, Gerber carseat lol
    An obvious (to me, anyways) question is - will they wash her car in the direct sunlight or in shade? I assume since it's a mobile detailer, they really can't do much in a parking garage (shade area). How will they mitigate the water & soap spots caused by a hot car surface?

4. Apr 29, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    arcjan

arcjan [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jabba
    Arcadia, CA
    Vehicle:
    '06 Toy Tac PreSR5
    Tailgate Security
    the thing is I don't know. All good questions I should ask from my wife's detailer. Thanks all. Then again, for $10 bucks, it's not a bad deal right? I mean, the person cleans both inside and out.

5. May 1, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    JeanClaude

JeanClaude Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Prerunner
    An on-site detailer can be just as good or just as bad as a fixed location detailer. Direct sun cleaning has very simpl workarounds ranging from working in natural shade to using a tent, garage, on-site wash bay or parking deck. But if they are only charging $10 they are cutting some major corners somewhere.

I have an on-site detailing company and we use the absolute best products available as well as the proper methods required to treat a car better than clients are able to, period. Then again, my washes start at $55 and take 1+ hour. I would put my services up against anyone with a fixed location.

What you need to know is:
    What products do they use?
    What methods?(2 bucket? grit guards? shammy or clean micro fiber towels? Wash from top down? Use multiple tools for individual purposes to keep cross contamination at bay?)
    Are they insured?
    How long have they been doing this?
    Do they stand behind their work? AKA, satisfaction guaranteed?

If you don't know what answers are good and what answers are bad though, it does no good to ask those questions. You need to educate yourself before you can say if someone is offering a good service or not.

6. May 1, 2011 at 1:52 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    my wife had hers done against my wishes, when she brought it home I was pissed. they didnt bother with the top of the Nissan pathfinder, so I made her take it back and have them do it right and told here never again, I always do my own wash as i burn a few cals and save some cash. the only good thing was they proved my point to her and its never been an issue since. this happend in the mid 90's.

Products Discussed in

To Top