Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Fact or Fiction

Old 05-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
Fact or Fiction

i was looking up hail repair because i bought my tacoma with some hail dimples, i stumbled apon a diy where you put dry ice on the surface of the car where the dint is for a couple minutes then heat it with a blow dryer. the drastic temp change causes the dent to expand and pop out. is this possible? or a tall tail

- Thanks Brandon
Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
Speed Nut is on a distinguished road

Army: 3rd ID, 7 ID (L)
Speed Nut's Tacoma Gallery
I'd give it a try. You can't make the damage worse.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
From what I gather, it works... how bad's the damage? could trying it really hurt? and if im not mistaken, they use a inverted can of compressed air for the cooling.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'd see if someone can confirm this... I'd be afraid of screwing up the paint job or cracking the paint.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Only really works on large dents. Smaller ones you'll have less luck with but give it a try. Instead of dry ice, take a can of compressed computer keyboard duster, turn it upside down and spray the affected area with it.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
keep us updated
Old 05-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #8
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
My last truck got nailed in a hail storm...more than 100 dents in the hood alone. I tried the dry ice on a 100 degree day and it didn't do a dam thing. Like mentioned it might work on larger dents. I also tried the keyboard compressed air without any luck.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
If your talking only a few dents, I just had some PDR ( paintless dent removal) done on my truck. They guy did a amazing job. Had a big dent with the car door scratch in the center of my door, it was like it never happened when he was through. Even wet sanded the scratch and completly was gone. It was 75.00 for first dent, then like 20.00 for each additional. Not bad.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #10
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
PS... Cheaper method... I used this once on my wifes car. It also worked. Picked it up at harbour freight. the method you claim I heard works, but you need to be careful.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #11

No luck with the air can, im thinkin my hail dents are waaay to
Small for it to "pop " will have to pay $ for pdr.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #12

maybe ill give that pops a dent a try out of curiousity, going to do some research on it first.