View Poll Results: Do you enjoy washing/waxing your truck
Yes 349 60.49%
I'm going to do it now that you mentioned it 42 7.28%
No 120 20.80%
I love the dirty on it 66 11.44%
Voters: 577. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #41
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
LOVE cleaning my truck! Washed it friday, drove up a muddy lane yesterday, cleaned that mud off as soon as I could, and then wiped the pollen off this morning.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #42
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Not just no, but hell no. I hate waxing my truck, and I only tolerate washing b/c I hate a dirty truck more.

I'd gladly pay someone $100 a month to detail the truck. If I cared that much.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #43
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I enjoy washing it for sure....but I like the looks of it better dirty
Old 05-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #44
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
i love washing the cars, but i HATE IT when i forget about the roof till everything else is done, that only happens every once in a while tho
Old 05-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #45
408 TACO
TKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTKOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zik
TKOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
Or do other people enjoy washing and waxing your truck? I feel to relaxed while doing it, kind of like it is my on world. And I love seeing the outcome.
Quote:
Oh and the reason I ask is because I did mine today and it was an awesome 5 hours...I will post pics tom in the sun.

PICS ARE WELCOME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyW33 View Post
My dad thinks I wash my truck to much, but I agree with you man. I always feel super relaxed and awesome after I wash and wax my truck. And its kind of something you have to do alone, its not the same if your friends help.
I totally agree tarheelfan, i also enjoy detailing my truck. I also spend about 2 to 6 hrs. depending in how much time i have or how dirty it is. The problem is that once you start you want to keep going with every single detail and clean every single spot and corner. And yes TyW33;3239673, i do agree with you that you dnt want any help cuz you know what ur doing and know how to doit. that's what i feel too.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #47
bonfire is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
bonfire's Tacoma Gallery
I wash and wax once a month when the wife's Aunt flow is in town. It's nice to have a few hours to yourself.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #48
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I can't stand washin my truck, and I absolutely HATE waxing it. I paid a lot of money for it, though, and she's my baby, so I clean her up anyway. I try to wash her every couple weeks and wax her twice a year. I'm pretty good friends with a mobile detailer, but I can't handle the thought of lettin someone else wash it for me.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #49
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
Wash it 1-2 times a week , clay bared polished and waxed it 3 weeks ago
Attached Thumbnails
Is it just me....-028.jpg  
Old 05-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #50
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
So using a claybar will take out the water spots on the glass? I have a problem with that, and window cleaner does not work. Not even Castle Window Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy221 View Post
Don't necessarily enjoy the job but love getting completed and knowing its done with the greatest detail because its mine.

Recently clay barred the truck and then 3-staged it with Mothers Cleaner Wax, Polish Sealer and Carnuba. Did the Camry as well...they both look fantastic!

I also clay barred the glass. It took off all of the water spots and crap that builds up like inthe paint...was very glad I did!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #51
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So using a claybar will take out the water spots on the glass? I have a problem with that, and window cleaner does not work. Not even Castle Window Cleaner
I've heard the claybar works wonders for windows. Haven't tried it yet, myself. I use NuGlass window cleaner. Put about a dime size amount on a rag, rub into a softball size spot on window. Put some muscle behind it and rub til ya hear squeaking. Wipe off, water spots are gone.

Not liable for anyone that applies too much pressure and breaks glass.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #52
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Love washing and waxing my truck. Just waiting on that buffer after my next paycheck
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 PM   #53
I will gladly pay you on Tuesday...
the arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to beholdthe arkitect is a splendid one to behold

the arkitect's Tacoma Gallery
7 months out of the year, I enjoy spending a couple hours in the driveway making the truck look sexy and having some beers while I do it. The other 5 months suck ass unless I get up at 6:30 in the morning before it's 90 degrees outside with 100% humidity, but that's just Houston for you.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #54
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
im the same way, it is a stress reliever for me

-wash/wax tomorrow morning
Old 05-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #55
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
LOL I wash like 3 times a year. It's the mountains ... what's clean is clean for about 50 seconds.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 AM   #56
TacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTabe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
TacoTabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
It's just you, I fuckin hate it!!!

Since you enjoy it so much I'll bring mine over and let you detail it.

X3
Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #57
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Did mine this weekend and even took a few extra minutes to polish up the stock exhaust using 0000 sw and metal polish
Old 05-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #58
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Bring them on guys. I will clean and wax all day.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #59
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I can't even stand washing my own truck. I take it in for a wash and wax.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #60
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
the damn cicadas were giving me a headache so i only washed about half of it