Is it just me....

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy washing/waxing your truck
Yes 349 60.49%
I'm going to do it now that you mentioned it 42 7.28%
No 120 20.80%
I love the dirty on it 66 11.44%
Voters: 577. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #102
Bens MBL TACO will become famous soon enoughBens MBL TACO will become famous soon enough

Bens MBL TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Wax mine on the regular and just clayed it a couple weekends back but I live in San Diego and its detailing weather year round, and I am a part-time mobile detailer, haha.

Nothing better though than driving with your arm out of the window and feeling your super smooth paint after a clay/wax. U have to enjoy the little things from the hard work we put into our trucks.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #103
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
My neighbors think i'm crazy how clean both my vehicles are, even in the dead of winter!!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #104
Bens MBL TACO will become famous soon enoughBens MBL TACO will become famous soon enough

CLEAN!
Even cleaner is that tacomaworld.com sticker on the back window. Ive seen it a few times now on other pics, how do I get one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
all clean and waxed
Old 08-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #105
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
i feel like machine car washes r terrible for paint. is there a specific brand of wax u guys use?
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
i feel like machine car washes r terrible for paint. is there a specific brand of wax u guys use?
Well im out of San Diego and Im a detailer so I buy from auto beauty products. They do have a web site, I use a satin creme sealer wax on bentleys, lambos, bmws and of course the Tacoma once a month.
http://www.prowax.com/
Old 08-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #107
cooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of light

cooktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Is it wrong to wax the door jambs?

Got the same problem as others here.

Got my truck about a month ago and the first thing I did was get it clean and put two coats of wax on it. Waxed the door jambs this weekend. Usually put the ballgame on the radio and get 3 or 4 hours alone while I get it cleaned up. Not afraid to get it dirty, just like it cleaned up.

I am using P&S Ultracoat wax with a polymer urethane paint sealant as a basecoat (2 or 3 times a year) and XPress wax liquid carnauba polymer wax on top or about once a month.

As far as Ms. Reid goes, if you get a stack of lawn chairs and charge ten bucks apiece to watch her wash your truck you could probably just buy a new one when the old one gets dirty.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #108
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
ive had my truck for about 3 weeks now and i already washed it about 6 or 7 times, cant stand seeing my baby dusty and dirty
Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #109
cmburn01 is on a distinguished road
cmburn01's Tacoma Gallery
I enjoy washing my truck for sure I like seeing my results and trying new stuff especially since this is my first black truck.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #110
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, I absolutely HATE washing/waxing my truck, but IMO the black sand pearl paint looks damn awful when it isn't clean. Call me stupid, but I wash and wax weekly. I do so because we have bad acid rain here on the Big Island (Hawaii) from the volcanic gases. Even though I wash/wax weekly my paint still has some pretty bad acid rain spots and my glass also. Clay bar hasn't helped that much, so I'm pretty much screwed.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #111
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TRDTaco10 View Post
Lol, I absolutely HATE washing/waxing my truck, but IMO the black sand pearl paint looks damn awful when it isn't clean. Call me stupid, but I wash and wax weekly. I do so because we have bad acid rain here on the Big Island (Hawaii) from the volcanic gases. Even though I wash/wax weekly my paint still has some pretty bad acid rain spots and my glass also. Clay bar hasn't helped that much, so I'm pretty much screwed.
Which side of the island are you on? the Ace up mauka kona side sells a waterspot remover that worked pretty well on my windows. If not, a good polish or white vinegar should do the trick for the spots.

An no worries brah, I wash mine as much as I can too. Drive down Ali'i drive a lot, so I pass by the beach daily....get paranoid about the salt
Old 09-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #112
gatrapper is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
gatrapper's Tacoma Gallery
Like washing, hate waxing.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 AM   #113
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Which side of the island are you on? the Ace up mauka kona side sells a waterspot remover that worked pretty well on my windows. If not, a good polish or white vinegar should do the trick for the spots.

An no worries brah, I wash mine as much as I can too. Drive down Ali'i drive a lot, so I pass by the beach daily....get paranoid about the salt
I'm from Waimea but going school at UH Hilo, so my truck spends most of its time in Hilo. Been looking for a good way to remove those spots off of the glass, I'll keep in mind what you recommended.

Haha yeah I'm pretty paranoid about salt too. Hell, whenever I drive into Hilo and the ocean looks even a little rough, I avoid driving over the singing bridge as you enter Hilo and take the other way around (the one that comes out by the post office). My friends think I'm weird but eh, as long as the truck stays in top shape thats all that matters
Old 09-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #114
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Screw the rest, I like driving an OILY truck! haha

try put some rubbing compound or white vinegar on a microfiber cloth and rub it on the glass with a decent amount of pressure, and do small areas at a time- should take care of those waterspots
Old 09-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #116
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
nice body but fugly face
she has a face?
Old 09-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #117
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
I like washing it, drying it, and I'm gonna wax it up for the first time tomorrow
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #118
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
lol i cant believe in the past what i did to make my truck shine... all the steps wash, claybar, polish, wax, seal... nowdays its like bleh too much work..... maybe im just getting lazy lmao
Nah your not lazy, its a truck for goodness sake!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #119
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Hate it.... Once a year Wash and Zaino.. The rest of the time its Automatic car washes if it gets road splashed in the rain. Otherwise I don't bother......

Silver.......E A S Y and dirt is invisible LOL

I have my vehicles professionally detailed, dings removed, bumper painted if needed, just before I am ready to sell or trade them.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #120
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
i use to, then i got old, now i wash once a month about