View Poll Results: Do you enjoy washing/waxing your truck
Yes 351 60.62%
I'm going to do it now that you mentioned it 42 7.25%
No 120 20.73%
I love the dirty on it 66 11.40%
Voters: 579. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
Is it just me....

Or do other people enjoy washing and waxing your truck? I feel to relaxed while doing it, kind of like it is my on world. And I love seeing the outcome.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh and the reason I ask is because I did mine today and it was an awesome 5 hours...I will post pics tom in the sun.

PICS ARE WELCOME
Old 05-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
The longest I've spent on my already clean car is 14 hours in one day. Wash, clay bar, wax twice, detail exterior, detail interior, detail engine. I won't do that again, though. It's just that I was "into" and it had to be perfect.

I usually wash the cars at least once a week.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
The longest I've spent on my already clean car is 14 hours in one day. Wash, clay bar, wax twice, detail exterior, detail interior, detail engine. I won't do that again, though. It's just that I was "into" and it had to be perfect.

Yea I have never clay bared it, I want to try it though. Why wax it twice? yea I was mine once a week and wax it every 3 months
Old 05-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Dupont final detail FTW.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
Yea I have never clay bared it, I want to try it though. Why wax it twice? yea I was mine once a week and wax it every 3 months

Clay bar is awesome, it gets all the fine little things that are embedded in your paint. Sometimes if you look close you see what looks like sand in your paint. You can feel it too. What that is, is environmental affects - little teeny minute things in your paint. No washing or waxing will help it. With the clay bar it gets it out. You can even hear it being ripped out, it's a trip. I waxed it twice - once to fill in the little divots that the clay bar pulled the stuff from and another waxing to get the spots I missed.

I wax mine every time I wash it. But that's my car. With the truck, it's new (a new 2010, I'm the first owner) and it's got that coating on it EKOGuard and the instructions say not to wax it....

So far it still looks good.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I wash my truck every few months. I used to be into washing and waxing a couple times a week...I got over it. Plus now it's wheeling season for me. And I jsut didn't have the time..
Old 05-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:

id like to see that
Old 05-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #9

This is the day after I completed the detailing. Took it out of the garage so I can get the other car out to wash.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #10
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
i think i love you
Old 05-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
dont have the time and no longer care
Old 05-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #12
TyW33 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ty
TyW33's Tacoma Gallery
totally.

My dad thinks I wash my truck to much, but I agree with you man. I always feel super relaxed and awesome after I wash and wax my truck. And its kind of something you have to do alone, its not the same if your friends help.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #13
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyW33 View Post
My dad thinks I wash my truck to much, but I agree with you man. I always feel super relaxed and awesome after I wash and wax my truck. And its kind of something you have to do alone, its not the same if your friends help.
I disagree. I enjoy watching girls like this take care of it
Old 05-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #14
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i love washing my rides. i dont know why, its just something i like to do
Old 05-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #15
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I disagree. I enjoy watching girls like this take care of it
nice body but fugly face
Old 05-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #16
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
nice body but fugly face
My eyes never made it to the face
Old 05-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #17
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is the day after I completed the detailing. Took it out of the garage so I can get the other car out to wash.

your neighborhood looks familiar. Union City or Hayward?
Old 05-29-2011, 10:59 PM   #18
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
I dont understand any of you people in here. LOL. I hate [with a passion] washing and waxing my FJ, and do it only because I hate driving a dirty vehicle more. When I have kids that will definitely be one of their money making opportunities.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
Tarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to beholdTarheelz2350 is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Deputy Sheriff
Name: Jon
Tarheelz2350's Tacoma Gallery
Same here. There's a sense of accomplishment after I get done. Especially after waxing and detailing. When the truck looks good and you get compliments it's great.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #20
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
well i know of at least 2 tacoma's that got washed on sunday! lol your's and mine. it was the first wash i have ever given her. and i think i may have put a small ass dint in the roof from kinda having to get on it a little to get right above the windshield. i think it will come out. fyi i don't have side steps.