Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Buffing Compound?

Old 10-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Buffing Compound?

This past Sunday, I went to Green Ridge State Park with some other guys here at TW for about 7 hours of off-roading… Needless to say – my truck was rather dirty.

On the way home, my fiancée called me an invited me to meet her at Hardtimes Café to hang out with her and her GF’s… I obliged and parked my truck.

After I had been there for a few minutes and had told them of how I victoriously conquered the trails and slayed dragons in the forest… LOL - one of the girls (who is my fiancées roommate) wanted to see the truck in all of it’s muddy glory and she goes out to look at it - while sit there with my fiancée and all her other GFs.

The night ends around midnight and I head home.

I wake up around 9 and go out to start the arduous process of washing my truck and turns out that little bitch wrote in the mud/dirt that was on my truck while I was parked at HardTimes. All down the sides of it were wave designs and on the hood – the standard “Wash Me Please” and “Katie and Don forever” etc. bullshit.

So I wasn’t quite pissed yet – seeing that it was a joke and I still needed to wash it and see if there were any damages from any off-roading. I washed my truck THREE times… and finally got her clean… to my surprise – there was not a single scratch on the truck from off-roading.

However, scratched into the paint were the wave designs (side of truck) and all of the aforementioned words (on the hood)…

Now, I have had this truck for three years and it has 70k miles on it…. And after commuting to DC every day (1 hr each way), after all those miles, after carefully parking every time I park, after all the times that I carefully opened the door when in a tight spot – not a single scratch until now!!!!

Let’s just say I was livid!

I started it last night and for the most part got a lot of the scratches out… but can anyone recommend any buffing compounds that I can use to buff it out? Meanwhile, I am going to try not to kill her.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Man that sucks DON!!! Wish I knew what to tell you on the compound.

Some dam fine pics were posted, looks like you had a blast!

this is a great pic!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #3
mitiko is on a distinguished road
mitiko's Tacoma Gallery
Just do a good polish.Is going a change alot with 70.000 miles
Old 10-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
do you own a polisher/random orbital?

if not, youre not going to remove them by hand.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
Can you feel the scratches with your fingernail?
If so, you might have to wet sand then buff.
If not, use a fine grit polish to remove (a fine grit polish, you should not feel much grit when rubbing between fingers)

Let me know how it comes out.

You would never be able to convince me your truck has 70k on it from the pictures, it is clean!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
www.autogeek.net

theyll have lots of options fo ryou to choose from

ive had great results with Poorboys and Optimum
Old 10-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #8
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
slap ur friend...jk shit last trail run we did haha i had a like 60 scratches ripped out tow cable and some scrape on the back fender over the wheel
Old 10-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #9
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Thanks...
also. just curious, which machine do you have?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #10
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
adjustable speed?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #11
rock4200 is on a distinguished road
rock4200's Tacoma Gallery
ok just buy a clay bar mother's makes a good kit your pep boys or salvos, autozone should have it read the directions it will take car of the scratches make sure once you r done with the bar put in a plastic bag and do not drop it! Also make sure you wax your truck when you are done claying
Old 10-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #12
Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job
Choco Taco is on a distinguished road

Choco Taco's Tacoma Gallery
two words:
THREE
EM
Old 10-19-2008, 01:57 PM   #13
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
You should have had her buff em out BY HAND! Drink beer & watch!