Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How To Remove Bird Droppings Stains?

Old 10-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
mrtomphan is on a distinguished road
mrtomphan's Tacoma Gallery
How To Remove Bird Droppings Stains?

I have a white Tacoma and these bird droppings seem to stain my car very well. Leaves a yellow mark where the bird droppings were at. Not sure what type of birds it is but I sure hate it. Eats up my front bumper. Is there a easy way to remove the stain? I can't seem to remove it at all. I've used many polish and it won't come out.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomphan View Post
I have a white Tacoma and these bird droppings seem to stain my car very well. Leaves a yellow mark where the bird droppings were at. Not sure what type of birds it is but I sure hate it. Eats up my front bumper. Is there a easy way to remove the stain? I can't seem to remove it at all. I've used many polish and it won't come out.
I saw a "Trucks" show once that recommended baking soda and a little water to remove bird droppings. If I recall correctly they allowed the baking soda mix to settle into the stain and later washed it off once the acid in the droppings had been broken down.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
I saw a "Trucks" show once that recommended baking soda and a little water to remove bird droppings. If I recall correctly they allowed the baking soda mix to settle into the stain and later washed it off once the acid in the droppings had been broken down.
Baking soda!!..Thanks Neubs
Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
mrtomphan is on a distinguished road
mrtomphan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will try that out. Thanks
Old 10-16-2008, 01:59 AM   #6
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
I hope it works out! You'll have to let us know. I recall they said you have to let it "soak in." Keep us posted.
Will do.