Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Autogeek.net

Old 07-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Autogeek.net

Anyone buy from them? Any good? Does anyone know a better place to buy from? Right now I pay for my car washes and it costs me about $20+ to do it. I kind of want to start washing my own truck but I want to use good stuff. I was thinking about picking up:

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse-buckets.html

Opinions?
Old 07-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
MattS67 is on a distinguished road
MattS67's Tacoma Gallery
I still do some part time work for Autogeek but worked for them full time for the better part of 6 years. It's a great company and literally the biggest/best internet retailer out there for automotive detailing supplies. There are a few coupon codes floating around the net too, but my advice is to purchase around any kind of holidays (newsletter subscription required for promotions) as these times provide the best sales.

If you have any other questions about product selection or the company in general I'd be glad to help.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
MattS67 is on a distinguished road
MattS67's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and as for that kit...you cannot go wrong with any Optimum products - they're all top notch. Check out some of the Show Car Garage how-to videos /online classes on how to use the product. It really works as advertised and makes washing very quick/easy. It's also very convenient for winter months if you want to wash the car inside a heated garage without having to use a hose.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
nah i'd rather just wash my ride the old fashioned way, water and a good quality car wash soap. no matter how good a "rinseless" car wash claims to be, i still wouldnt trust it imo
Old 07-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS67 View Post
I still do some part time work for Autogeek but worked for them full time for the better part of 6 years. It's a great company and literally the biggest/best internet retailer out there for automotive detailing supplies. There are a few coupon codes floating around the net too, but my advice is to purchase around any kind of holidays (newsletter subscription required for promotions) as these times provide the best sales.

If you have any other questions about product selection or the company in general I'd be glad to help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattS67 View Post
Oh and as for that kit...you cannot go wrong with any Optimum products - they're all top notch. Check out some of the Show Car Garage how-to videos /online classes on how to use the product. It really works as advertised and makes washing very quick/easy. It's also very convenient for winter months if you want to wash the car inside a heated garage without having to use a hose.
Thanks. I'll hold you to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
nah i'd rather just wash my ride the old fashioned way, water and a good quality car wash soap. no matter how good a "rinseless" car wash claims to be, i still wouldnt trust it imo
It isn't rinseless. The kit comes with 2 wash buckets. One has clean water and the second has a water/solution mix. The idea is to reduce contamination.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
oh ok didnt read the whole thing. still seems too difficult for me
Old 07-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
oh ok didnt read the whole thing. still seems too difficult for me
I had a swirl issue this weekend. The one time I decide to wash my own truck there are no towels so the one I used was small and probably had crap in it. I'm still thinking about washing my own truck from now on so that is why I'm looking at a good kit.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #8
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
ONR is very good. If you have the ability to use standard soap/water, that is still a better option though imo. ONR also makes good clay lube. Either way, using a 2 bucket method is ideal (and pair them w/ grit guards).

If you want another place to purchase products, you can go w/ Greg at detailed image. They're in NY, so it may take an extra day or two to get over to you, but they do some good daily specials and everything also ships in a timely manner (same/next day)
Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #9
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
I order a majority of my detailing supplies from autogeek. They get a thumbs up in my book.

I use ONR every two weeks (every week if it gets real dirty). And I do the traditional 2 bucket wash maybe once a month. Also clay, polish, seal and wax twice a year. Been washing it like this for a little over a year now.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:54 AM   #10
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
I have ordered competitor's products from them several times and have had good experiences. They do lots of coupons too.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #11

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalR View Post
I order a majority of my detailing supplies from autogeek. They get a thumbs up in my book.

I use ONR every two weeks (every week if it gets real dirty). And I do the traditional 2 bucket wash maybe once a month. Also clay, polish, seal and wax twice a year. Been washing it like this for a little over a year now.

Nice ride!!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #12
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
I have ordered competitor's products from them several times and have had good experiences. They do lots of coupons too.
Well I didn't know we had a vendor on here. I might have to order from your and I can pick up since I drive through the OC to get to work all the time.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Well I didn't know we had a vendor on here. I might have to order from your and I can pick up since I drive through the OC to get to work all the time.
Shipping is free right now and much easier than doing a will-call, since we don't have a drive-up location.

Cheers
Old 07-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
Yeti75 is just really niceYeti75 is just really niceYeti75 is just really niceYeti75 is just really niceYeti75 is just really nice
Yeti75's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered from Autogeek many times. Great products! Prices are comparable to other places, sometimes can find better elsewhere. However, they have a BOGO (buy one get one free) that changes every two weeks. I look over their BOGO's every other week just in case there is something I "need".

I've seen some of Matt's work on there too. Top notch! As he says, holidays are good times to cash in on free shipping, or 10, 15, maybe 20% off.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #15
Bajones is a jewel in the roughBajones is a jewel in the roughBajones is a jewel in the rough
Bajones's Tacoma Gallery
I like the huge selection and fast shipping. OTOH shipping was expensive, about $15 for a 18X16" box with a few towels and grit guards in it. If I didn't find a coupon for 10% I wouldn't have ordered due to the bs shipping rates.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
I have used them in the past with zero problems but if your just looking for straight forward washing products just hit the local Autozone or something similar. Pick up a quality soap and get yourself a bucket which is only a few bucks usually and a nice microfiber washmit, two if you want to use a separate one for the fenderwells and wheels(what I do) and some decent waffle weave towels for drying. For strictly washing products you will save a ton with very little noticable difference between the stuff you'll order for Autogeek or your local parts store. When it comes to waxing etc that is whole other subject and I recommend higher end products but simple washing products can be had much cheaper locally. I usually use Autozone because every couple of weeks they run a special on Eagle One products where it's 2 for $6 no matter what you get. So that's usually when I load up on soap, AtoZ wheel cleaner(Stuff works great, never damages wheels and cuts wheel cleaning time in half) and the Wax As You Dry(Another awesome product) and window cleaner etc. I usually can get a couple months worth of supplies for both my vehicles and motorcycle for $30 or so. The two bucket method sounds great but as time passes you will grow tired of it and go back to a single bucket. As long as you use enough water and soap in the bucket you will be fine with one. Just my .02.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #17
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my polish, wax and carwash shampo from them. Only thing that sucks is shipping takes a while out here to CA.

You could also try Detailing.com. They're in CA and they also have a lot of good stuff, not as much as Autogeek though.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #19
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynyrd3 View Post
chemical guys .com
I just bought some Black Light from them a couple days ago. Can't wait to try it out