Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Turtle Wax - ICE Wax

Old 07-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
MattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura about

MattDubs's Tacoma Gallery
Turtle Wax - ICE Wax

I just gave this stuff a try. It's an interesting approach to wax, its more of like oiling your truck vs. actually waxing it but it is very user friendly, easy to apply, and even easier to remove. All in all, Truck turned out pretty good. I live in FL, about a block from the Ocean, so its a weekly ordeal to wash all the saltwater spray off. Im always open to new products. For someone who has to wash and wax quite often like myself, I'd Recommend it.
Attached Thumbnails
Turtle Wax - ICE Wax-ice_wax.jpg   Turtle Wax - ICE Wax-img_0103.jpg  
Old 07-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Is that much different from the wax and dry? I use that after every wash, helps with drying while keeping the waterspots off and seems to keep a good coat of wax too.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Michael
WaGood24's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet man, let us know how it holds up. Waxing is such a pain it's always nice when they figure out a way to make it easier. Although, when it starts getting easy it makes me wonder about the quality of the product. I might give it a go. BTW I love those wheels. Are they the chrome or the polished aluminum?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
GPV Helicopters inc
Hellomoto is on a distinguished road
Hellomoto's Tacoma Gallery
I also use Ice. maybe every second or third wash
Old 07-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery

great looking truck too
Old 07-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
MattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Is that much different from the wax and dry? I use that after every wash, helps with drying while keeping the waterspots off and seems to keep a good coat of wax too.
^I use that wax as you dry stuff every time I wash my truck too. I like it a lot but I just wanted to try out something new. That stuff is great but never really gives it that shine like actually getting out the cleaner wax and polish and spending all afternoon sweating would produce. This stuff is clear, goes on clear and doesn't haze. Just apply it, let it sit for about 15 min. and then wipe off. Best part was, it actually shines black trim molding vs. leaving white residue! Its by no means as deep of a shine as actually waxing, but it is shiny! (well until the inevitable afternoon Florida rain showers hit)
Old 07-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaGood24 View Post
Sweet man, let us know how it holds up. Waxing is such a pain it's always nice when they figure out a way to make it easier. Although, when it starts getting easy it makes me wonder about the quality of the product. I might give it a go. BTW I love those wheels. Are they the chrome or the polished aluminum?
Thanks! They are chrome Pro Comp's I like them, but I want some black wheels. Gonna be changing them out pretty soon.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
How much did it take to do your whole truck?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #9

Not much at all, maybe... 10% of the bottle?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #10

Figures....
Attached Thumbnails
Turtle Wax - ICE Wax-270257_2257769881430_1163862525_32718456_851639_n.jpg  
Old 07-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #11
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It is a simple product to use. The only issue I have and I have tried it several different ways with several different types of rags. If you use it on anything other than a light colored vehicle, when you get done completely look down the side and you will see an oily residue. It takes a lot of rubbing to get it off the vehicle.
I use a low residue wax now instead or a quick detailer.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #12
TJ 2010 sPoRt is on a distinguished road

Name: Taner
TJ 2010 sPoRt's Tacoma Gallery
I used it on my old honda that i drive to work YES very good WAX
Old 12-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #13
So many b!tches, so little time...now back to TW!!
crazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant futurecrazyrzr85 has a brilliant future

Name: ErIc
crazyrzr85's Tacoma Gallery
It is nice that is doesnt leave residue on the black plastics. Used it once and wasnt really impressed with the end result. May try again this spring tho. Just my .02
Old 01-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
BayouRunner2012 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Ryan
BayouRunner2012's Tacoma Gallery
One thing to keep in mind is that the Turtle Wax ICE is actually a polish...It will protect just like a paste wax, but will not last as long as a paste wax. I like to use it between wax jobs as I usually wax my vehicle one every 6 months.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #15
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
Tried it and it doesn't last very long. I do use it after every wash on my mudflaps, mirrors and bed rails. Works just like Armor All.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
SocalMGM is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
SocalMGM's Tacoma Gallery
I have used this stuff and wasnt very impressed with it. Would never use this as a sole protectant of my paint. I do think it would work great in between waxing though.

The beauty of this product is that you can use it on your trim!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #17
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Used it on my black truck and it looks greasy and smeared in the sun, money wasted!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #18
Bikerdude103 is on a distinguished road

Name: Hugh
Bikerdude103's Tacoma Gallery
I used it on my blacksand pearl 07 tC I liked it
Old 01-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #20
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't last long but it works nicely for me.

I like the fact that you can apply it in direct sunlight and that it shines the black trim and chrome, etc...

Nothing special but I use it after every wash.