Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Bug Spot

Old 10-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Bug Spot

Above my windshield on the drivers side. I noticed it after washing. There's an outline of a bug splatter you can see when the light is right. I tried bug/tar remover, goo gone etc. but I can still see the outline of it.

Any ideas how to get rid of it?
THanks
Old 10-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
Simple Green straight seems to work pretty good for me. Sprayway Window Cleaner works well too
Old 10-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
plain hot water and a terri cloth
Old 10-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
MadCow is on a distinguished road
MadCow's Tacoma Gallery
Bug guts left on your paint will start to etch into the clear coat. My guess is this bug splat has been left on your truck for a while and you are now trying to get it off. Well it has done damage to your clear coat and you will need to use some type of paint cleaner to get it out. I realize that link is for a bird dropping, but it's the same principle, the clear coat has been etched, and they used M105 to get it out. Search around Meguiars online forum, they have some great information there! Good luck.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=25251
Old 10-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #5
Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job
Choco Taco is on a distinguished road

Choco Taco's Tacoma Gallery
search online for a product called zero clean. we used it for EVERYTHING in the body shop. dont know where we got it tho
Old 10-19-2008, 12:40 PM   #6
Sprayin' Paint like Its my Job
Choco Taco is on a distinguished road

Choco Taco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.zzzeroproducts.com/
nevermind....I took a look at their price sheet.....$600 a gallon!!!!! :O
but seriously it cleans everything hahaha Man am I gald the shop paid for it
Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
bug spot

try a polish called Intimidator. it has dimond particles in it and it will take off almost anything including scratches in the clear coat. i had a white tacoma that i put through hell and never washed so the clear started turning yellow. i spent a whole day washing and polishing and truck looked new again with this polish. i think the website is

intimidatorpropolishproducts.com