Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Road line paint removal?

Old 07-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
DRzHOLT is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
DRzHOLT's Tacoma Gallery
Road line paint removal?

so my wife was in such a rush today she couldnt wait 5minutes for the fresh line paint to dry, and continued to follow the the paint truck until she could make LEFT turn to proceed to her destination. so now my tacoma is sporting a nice spray or yellow to the underside and fender wells/ mudflaps. i like it but she doesnt, any suggestions as how to remove? i work for public works and we laugh our asses off when we are painting lines , jokes on me i guess....im sure its happened to some other folks so any help/ experience would be appreciated. thanks
Old 07-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
Buy plasti dip and make her paint over the yellow.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
try clay bar. KEEP IT WET. just try it to see if it will work.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
shoot that sucks.. Try some clay bar.. Or get some good compoud wax and try to high speed buff it
Old 07-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
2girlsdad is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
2girlsdad's Tacoma Gallery
lacquer thinner if it's pretty fresh. just saturate a paper towel and keep it moving. Don't hold it on. It will soften your clear after a little while, so be careful, but it should remove it. Wash with soap when you are done, and re-wax. Done it many times before.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
DRzHOLT is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
DRzHOLT's Tacoma Gallery
clay bar is new to me, but ill check it out. thanks fellas
Old 07-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Make the wife do it, then proceed to making sammiches.