1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ok to wash with well water?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by sofiasdad11, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Aug 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 [OP] Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    hey all, have a new black taco that i've been taking to the carwash regularly but keep hearing even the soft-cloth ones can scratch the surface and the touchless ones have trouble removing all the dirt, especially from this black truck. trouble is we have well water. we have a softener hooked-up to all interior lines but not the outside spigots. the iron is so heavy from the spigots that it can actually stain outside surfaces:eek: so what can i do-----dry immediately afterwards, use special carwash products, or just avoid doing it at home alltogether?

2. Aug 12, 2011 at 11:54 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
  3. Aug 12, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    you can do it but dry immediately. and try to do it when its not too hot outside

4. Oct 16, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    Mr. Clean Autodry Car Wash kit

This will take the impurities out of the water. I made a huge difference in water spots left from chicago water. I am not positive if it will remove all the sediment from a well but it is worth a try.

I used to have a black camaro and it worked great. My truck is silver since I do not have the time to care for a black daily driver vehicle.

Products Discussed in

To Top