Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How do you keep the windshield clean?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
MacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
How do you keep the windshield clean?

I had to use my wipers the other day and the front of my car just sucks to look at. I water spots everywhere on the windshield that the wipers didn't reach, and somehow water always ends up going down my driver side and passenger side windows. It's incredibly irritating!

How do you guys keep from washing your windows every other day? Is there some way I can "Wax" my windshield? I'm getting really tired of cleaning it so often.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
Rainx has always worked for me.
Rain-X makes windshield washer fluid now too that works great! I hardly ever have to use my wipers in the rain anymore, it just sheets off.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
rainx is good but also try "clear sight" by armor all..... GREAT product and lasts a little longer than rainx in my opinion
Old 09-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #5
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
I have never used the windshield squirters on my tuck. Stop using any kind of cleaner solution and you'll never have water spots or outlines again. I actually removed the bottle right after the purchase of the truck. When dirty I use a towel to clean. I used to use wax on mine, but don't anymore and the water still beads off. No water outline marks or spots on mind. Still original wipers after 5 years!

What you should do is get some good water spot remover and buff the crap out of the windshield to remove everything. Wax it a few times then eventually you won't have to do it anymore.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #6
St. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
St. Swervus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm more curious about the inside of my windshield. I feel like I can clean the shit out of it and still it's got streaks. Driving me nuts.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:58 AM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have waterspots?

I wax my windshield. If I'm lazy, I'll use a spray wax. Otherwise, I use Xymol- Always worked for me
Old 09-04-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
mwtaco has a spectacular aura aboutmwtaco has a spectacular aura about
mwtaco's Tacoma Gallery
u can use car wax on the windshield glass?? and yeah, how do you get rid of the streaks on the cabin side of the windshield??
Old 09-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #9
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
i wipedown mine everyday.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
grizz mv is on a distinguished road
grizz mv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Swervus View Post
I'm more curious about the inside of my windshield. I feel like I can clean the shit out of it and still it's got streaks. Driving me nuts.
Me too, i have tried every combination of "streak free" cleaner and cloth combo imaginable, and it is still awful driving into the horizon. It seems thr more i try the worse it gets. There has to be a solution
Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
St. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shedSt. Swervus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My father in law gave me "The Ultimate Cloth" Works killer. Just use water. You can get it at : http://www.southerncarparts.com/ulti...oth-p-712.html

Worked the first time. No streaks.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #12
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm waxing the truck I will wax all of my windows too.

In between waxes I will use rain-x on the windshield whenever I wash it.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #13
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna try out rainx
Old 10-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #14

Quote:
My father in law gave me "The Ultimate Cloth" Works killer. Just use water. You can get it at : http://www.southerncarparts.com/ulti...oth-p-712.html

Worked the first time. No streaks.
Sorry. Meant to say I used this for the inside of my windows.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #15
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Like everyone else has said, a good glass cleaner first. After that they should clean with your wipers fairly easily and any excess should just wick away. As far as your driver's/passenger windows, the only advice would be to wait until you are at a stop so it runs down the drainage channels.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #16
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Rain-X makes windshield washer fluid now too that works great! I hardly ever have to use my wipers in the rain anymore, it just sheets off.
X2 i get it and love it! andy thing over 50mph just flies off with out wipers. and for bugs i clean mine all the damn time. like if 1 but hitís it i clean. lol needles to say i use allot of washer fluid on bugs.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I can say, "DO NOT USE THESE"

They suck, they leave a film on your window and streaks. The sun glares just right in your truck from the film, makes it nice and fun to try see where you are going.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #18
novanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shednovanut21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
novanut21's Tacoma Gallery
I use stoners invisible glass to clean the outside of the windshield then I use their invisible glass with rain repellent. Works great!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #19
grizz mv is on a distinguished road
grizz mv's Tacoma Gallery
Tried the newspaper method, works flawlessly.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #20
kneisska is a glorious beacon of lightkneisska is a glorious beacon of lightkneisska is a glorious beacon of lightkneisska is a glorious beacon of lightkneisska is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Karl
kneisska's Tacoma Gallery
newspaper and vinegar

Quote:
To save a buck or two you can use newspaper and vinegar. Assuming you don't smoke in your truck, it should last a good while. It does in mine anyhow.

Here's a link