1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keeping the bed shiny / clean?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by brianr, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Oct 28, 2008 at 3:13 AM
    brianr

brianr [OP] go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    I don't have the luxury of a garage.

Being Phoenix, AZ. is the worst dustbowl ever, my bed is always filthy. I'm afraid someone (g/f) will sit back there and track dirt onto my seats.

I have been experimenting with polywipe in the bed, and on the bed mat.

Does anyone have anything in particular you like to use, or anything you do to keep that bed shiny, and grease free? ( no ArmorAll for me)

2. Oct 28, 2008 at 3:53 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    You're probably better off getting a tonneau cover to keep the bed clean.

Soft tonneau covers are nice that you can fold/roll them up and/or remove them when you need to use the bed. I have a soft folding version. Personally, it's easier to clean the top of a dusty tonneau cover than it would be to clean the entire bed surface.

I also have seat covers to prevent dirt on my seats. I have a 'filthy' kinda job and need the seat covers.

3. Oct 28, 2008 at 5:35 AM
    jizzam93

jizzam93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    H-Town, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner SR5
    YES!!
    X2 Tonneau covers are a good alternative in keeping your bed clean. If you want to keep you bed looking good, try Aerospace 303. It's non greasy and works great!!

4. Oct 28, 2008 at 8:06 AM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    X3 I agree all above. The Tonneau covers are good & Aerospace 303 dose work, make it look nice and clean.

5. Oct 28, 2008 at 8:09 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It'll look clean for like a day if the dust is that bad. You need to cover the bed to escape the dust. Or you'll be wiping down your pick up truck bed daily...and that just sounds kinda silly IMHO.

Pick up a decent soft cover for like 350-400...or go a hard cover or whatever.

6. Oct 28, 2008 at 8:14 AM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    A cover will work great to help keep it clean unless you drive dirt/dusty roads daily....I drive about 80 miles or more per day on dirt roads and I still get quite a bit of dust but it rinses right out!

7. Feb 26, 2009 at 4:47 PM
    Racer78

Racer78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4X4 Sport
    Billstiens 5100 @1.75, 5125, 1.5 AAL,Leaf Spring TSB,TRD Intake, Roof Rack, Satoshi Grill, BHLM,T-Rex Eyelids, Undercover Cover, Powdercoated Sport Rims, KC Slimline 8" Lights, MTX ReQ5 w/ipod imput, 12" Shallow Pioneer Sub, RF 800.4 amp, JBL Comp, Bed Ext, USB Port, Shorty Antena, Spider Trax Spacers,TRD Skid Plate, Napier Sportz Tent II, Scangauge II, AirBedz
    My bed is starting to fade. I just tossed on a cover for the winter but with my supermoto bike in the spring/ summer/ fall... the cover will be off most of the time. Will this Aerospace 303 bring back the black?

8. Feb 26, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    brianr

brianr [OP] go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...

since first posting this, I've come be part of the Aero303 following.

I have used it in my bed, after a great scrub with some dish detergent.

Products Discussed in

To Top