Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Keeping the bed shiny / clean?

Old 10-28-2008, 03:13 AM   #1
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Keeping the bed shiny / clean?

I don't have the luxury of a garage.

Being Phoenix, AZ. is the worst dustbowl ever, my bed is always filthy. I'm afraid someone (g/f) will sit back there and track dirt onto my seats.

I have been experimenting with polywipe in the bed, and on the bed mat.

Does anyone have anything in particular you like to use, or anything you do to keep that bed shiny, and grease free? ( no ArmorAll for me)
Old 10-28-2008, 03:53 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You're probably better off getting a tonneau cover to keep the bed clean.

Soft tonneau covers are nice that you can fold/roll them up and/or remove them when you need to use the bed. I have a soft folding version. Personally, it's easier to clean the top of a dusty tonneau cover than it would be to clean the entire bed surface.

I also have seat covers to prevent dirt on my seats. I have a 'filthy' kinda job and need the seat covers.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:35 AM   #3
jizzam93 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kris
jizzam93's Tacoma Gallery
X2 Tonneau covers are a good alternative in keeping your bed clean. If you want to keep you bed looking good, try Aerospace 303. It's non greasy and works great!!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #6
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
A cover will work great to help keep it clean unless you drive dirt/dusty roads daily....I drive about 80 miles or more per day on dirt roads and I still get quite a bit of dust but it rinses right out!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
Racer78 is on a distinguished road

Racer78's Tacoma Gallery
My bed is starting to fade. I just tossed on a cover for the winter but with my supermoto bike in the spring/ summer/ fall... the cover will be off most of the time. Will this Aerospace 303 bring back the black?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer78 View Post
My bed is starting to fade. I just tossed on a cover for the winter but with my supermoto bike in the spring/ summer/ fall... the cover will be off most of the time. Will this Aerospace 303 bring back the black?

since first posting this, I've come be part of the Aero303 following.

I have used it in my bed, after a great scrub with some dish detergent.