Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Klasse Twins

Old 10-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Klasse Twins

IMHO, Klasse freaking awesome. You really don't appreciate the stuff until your out in the woods and rub against some brush, stick, or something that would normally stratch a vechicle that had regular carnauba wax on it. With Klasse nothing happens cause it creates some sort of acrylic shell around your paint.

I bought a new truck at the beginning of the month, and it took me until this past weekend to detail it. At least the paint, the rest will be done this weekend. Here's what I did and used:

Washed w/ Sonus shampoo and wool mitt (perfer P21S shampoo though)
Sonus Clay Bar kit (Don't waste your money, get OTC mothers or Megs)
Meguiars Clay Kit (ran out of Sonus, better than Sonus IMO)
Klasse All In One (2 coats)
Klasse Sealant Glaze (put on very lightly)
Used Sonus Quick Detailer
Sonus SFX Pro Applicator for Klasse AIO
Sonus microfiber towels and applicator for everything else

I wasn't going to clay a brand new truck at first, but read a bunch on forums and people said to clay a new vehicle. THEY WERE RIGHT!!! You will be suprised how many stuff comes up.

I plan on putting another layer the Klasse SG, but you have to wait till it cures. They recommend 24 hours, but some say 1 week.

Here's the outcome:

Old 10-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck looks great. What is Klasse glaze, and how do you apply it? Does it go on like a wax and you buff it out? I'm confused because you have to wait in between coats.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
Tman is on a distinguished road

Navy: Chief Radioman (RMC SW)
Tman's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good !
Old 10-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Your truck looks great. What is Klasse glaze, and how do you apply it? Does it go on like a wax and you buff it out? I'm confused because you have to wait in between coats.
Here's what I followed: http://www.autopia.org/forum/detaili...r-s-guide.html

I put the sealant glaze on very, very, very lightly. I repeat very lightly. It's like tachy milk water, if that makes sense. Just wipe on, wait a couple hours, I know it says a half hour, wipe off w/ micro fiber, and buff w/ thick microfiber. You have to wait between coats so that the acrylic has time to cure. I think of it like paint. Paint dries after a couple hours, but doesn't really cure for something like a month.

I've used Klasse AIO and SG for years, and Sonus sold me a bunch of products cause they say they're made for Klasse. Don't know if it's B-S, but seems to be good stuff. I knew from past that Klasse was the Sh*t.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
^^
Thanks.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
Sounds like an amazing amount of work...but it also looks like it was more then worth it.

You say it keeps the trail from pinstriping your rig??
Big time amount of work, but I only do it every 6 months. You can layer the Klasse SG, but you don't have to do any of the other steps. Just wash and glaze. The more layers, the thicker the protection.

Yes, it helps protects from the trail to a certain point. I am saying this from past experience. In my younger day I would use Turtle Wax on Jeep and get scratches from the trail. With my dodge and klasse, all everything was less or not noticable. Now, keep in mind that you can't take a dakota where you can take a jeep, but still.

This is only my opinion, and it definately protects more than regular carnauba. I'm sure there are other fine acrylic products that would do the same, I just like Klasse. You're not going to find the stuff at your local auto store though.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiedy View Post
Big time amount of work, but I only do it every 6 months. You can layer the Klasse SG, but you don't have to do any of the other steps. Just wash and glaze. The more layers, the thicker the protection.

Yes, it helps protects from the trail to a certain point. I am saying this from past experience. In my younger day I would use Turtle Wax on Jeep and get scratches from the trail. With my dodge and klasse, all everything was less or not noticable. Now, keep in mind that you can't take a dakota where you can take a jeep, but still.

This is only my opinion, and it definately protects more than regular carnauba. I'm sure there are other fine acrylic products that would do the same, I just like Klasse. You're not going to find the stuff at your local auto store though.
Good info man...I appreciate the opinions!!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 AM   #12
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Good info! Great looking truck!!!