Notices

Best wax to use?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Rodallg is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Rodallg's Tacoma Gallery
Best wax to use?

What wax do you use? What is the best for the Toyota paint?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the detailing section of the forum.

I use Zymol Creame. Best wax. ever. period. one tub is pricey, but it'll last you the better part of a year, if not longer, and was found to give the best clarity

But other members will chime in here with different answers, so good luck!

EDIT:
Check this section out
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/detailing/
Old 09-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the Detailing section - should already be a ton of info in there about it.

There really isn't one wax that is best for any certain vehicle.

I use Griot's Garage - www.GriotsGarage.com - for all of my car detailing stuff.

Fink
Old 09-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Is this going to be used on a 1st gen Tacoma?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
s1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: michael
s1nner's Tacoma Gallery
Waxing sucks if you ask me liquid glass paint sealant once a year it is some gnarly shit I use it on my truck and every time I get it muddy I just pressure wash it then dry it off normal dirt just come right off when it rains it is definitely the best thing I have found
Old 09-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1nner View Post
Waxing sucks if you ask me liquid glass paint sealant once a year it is some gnarly shit I use it on my truck and every time I get it muddy I just pressure wash it then dry it off normal dirt just come right off when it rains it is definitely the best thing I have found
Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

There is definitely more to caring for your paint than just wax - be sure to read some of the guides on here for the best results.

Fink
Old 09-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post
Zaino Z2 PRO
Zaino Z6 Enhancer Spray
Zaino Clay bar

http://www.zainostore.com/

This ^^^^^

this stuff is amazing. i've used all kinds of crap before, but this stuff holds up well. My truck even looks great after i've driven it through the rain. Before it looked dirty as hell after driving in the rain. I only used the clay bar and the z2 , not the z6 enhancer.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #11
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i almost lost my breath trying to read this
Old 09-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #12
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
If your going for shine, go with a good carnauba wax. If your going for more protection go with a sealant. As stated before, prep is key.

I personally like to layer a carnauba over a sealant. I like using Finish Kare 1000p (especially for white paint) and top it with Dodo Juice Hard Candy That combo really makes my white paint POP! White is probably the hardest color to really make stand out.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #13
Rodallg is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Rodallg's Tacoma Gallery
White 09.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #14
s1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the sheds1nner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: michael
s1nner's Tacoma Gallery
Oh fuck you robin it was my 2 cents about wax I did not realize I was going to be graded on grammar
Old 09-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #15
robsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robsled's Tacoma Gallery
Zymol= A sucker is born every minute!

I was the West Coast Regional sales manager for "Z" and it is the most over-hyped...over-priced stuff out there. It is basically fancy packaged Turtle Wax.

And yes, I was the sucker that left a great job to sign on with this company.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #16
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh fuck you robin it was my 2 cents about wax I did not realize I was going to be graded on grammar
it helps when folks can actually READ what you write on the page
Old 09-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #18
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodallg View Post
White 09.
I highly recommend Finish Kare 1000p! Research it and you will find many other people who have had success with it on their white vehicles

A couple pics of mine after FK 1000p. Pics don't do it justice (crappy cell phone camera)
Attached Thumbnails
Best wax to use?-imag0136.jpg   Best wax to use?-imag0138.jpg   Best wax to use?-imag0127.jpg  
Old 09-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #20
Thunder Fish is on a distinguished road
Thunder Fish's Tacoma Gallery
I like Cedar branches for around here,when I'm up north Spruce or Douglas fir work well also,we call it"BC pin striping" and the look is unreal! LOL there 4X4's.........use them

Products Discussed in this Thread