Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

debadged now I have emblem silhouettes

Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
debadged now I have emblem silhouettes

Debadged my 2nd Gen and now where the the emblems were there's a silhouette of the emblem. The area is smooth to the touch though is there anything to remedy this?
Old 09-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Reading...
Us3r is on a distinguished road
Army: Discharged Med 08 19D Infantry
Name: Mike
Us3r's Tacoma Gallery
try buffing it out and a little compound
Old 09-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Goo gone or get some compound wax.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Probably just the area around the badges that has oxidized a little...or slight paint fade. Polish the whole panel (or at least area surrounding silhouette). Probably not much that you can really do aside from a little polish and wax though.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
depending on how bad it is, all you can do is compound/wax it, and let it fade.

If you want to go to an extreme, you can maybe try wetsanding the clearcoat
Old 09-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I removed my badges after 11 years on a Sunfire Red Tacoma.

There was "ghost writing" for sure. I cleaned, clay barred, compound waxed and polished it. For the most part it's gone, but if you look very diligently you can still see some. But if you casually look, like normal, you don't see anything.

Pretty sure that's as good as it's going to get.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #7
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
It's on an 09 so hopefully its not beyond repair. It also only shows up when the truck is dusty. Going to try buffing it out tonight
Old 09-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
did my tailgate, mine a 06 and i just used goo gone and some polishing compound by turtle wax, 4 bucks. and looks like they were never there
Old 09-08-2011, 06:05 AM   #9
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Use polish, not compound. Compound takes off way too much paint.

Follow up with wax.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #10
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
custom " ghost " badges.....cool. lol
Old 09-08-2011, 06:50 AM   #11
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I debadged my tailgate a few months ago and have some spots where the tape was holding them on that I can not get clean. It isn't that noticeable but to me it is a total eyesore.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #12
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
Yeah.... Cool
Old 09-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #13
Silvert is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
Silvert's Tacoma Gallery
Go easy. Start with a good car wax. Wax the section. If that doesn't do it try a fine scratch remover and then wax. Don't go at it too hard or you will damage the finish. That should do it. If not very carefully try white polishing compound, then a bit of the scratch remover to get out those swirls, then a good wax to get out the scratch remover swirls. If that doesn't do it give it time. If it a dark color you have to be especially gentle or you will scratch the clear coat and always see it at a certain angle.
silvert
Old 09-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #14
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I debadged my tailgate a few months ago and have some spots where the tape was holding them on that I can not get clean. It isn't that noticeable but to me it is a total eyesore.
If you have adhesive residue, use Goo Gone or D-Solv-It. Follow up with wax.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #15
2012 is on a distinguished road
Name: Garrett
2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
I pulled the badges off my truck a few days ago. definitely has some "ghost badge" going on. I think it looks bad ass. But it also looks like I took off my badges and drove through the dirt. Waxing my car today- Hopefully i will witness an exorcism.