Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How to clean your engine bay?

Old 09-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #21
Boxy Brown is on a distinguished road

Name: David
Boxy Brown's Tacoma Gallery
I use full strength Simple Green I get from my uncles warehouse job. Not the diluted stuff from the store.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #22
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Hahaha. You can take ur truck outta Hawaii but not Hawaii outta your truck
Old 09-13-2011, 11:17 PM   #23
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
get engine warm, soak with simple green, let sit for 5-10 mins, pressurewash all the simple green off, avoid electronics with the pressurewasher
Old 09-15-2011, 09:51 AM   #24
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo913 View Post
I get it at orielys
Or walmart
Old 09-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #25
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
I used alcohol to get the brown off my coolant hoses but my engine is still coated in brown... Simple green didn't do shit...
Old 09-17-2011, 03:38 AM   #26
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
I used alcohol to get the brown off my coolant hoses but my engine is still coated in brown... Simple green didn't do shit...
really? F**k. i was gonn try simple green on monday...
Old 09-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #27
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
dam, after all that seems like you got "magic mud" .........hmm i dont know what else as advice to give you.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #28
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.daytonsuperior.com/Lists/...FilterType=Bra

If this doesn't work. The world will end. Just gotta find a spot to purchase it... lol
Old 10-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #29
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Where do you get "purple power"? I didn't see anything like that at Target or Autozone
Dollar General Stores carries it. I always take my truck to the carwash, open the hood and spray with hot water then close the hood and let her run for a few minutes. I have never had any problem doing this with any vehicles that I have owned.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #30
MTNative is on a distinguished road

MTNative's Tacoma Gallery

Get it at the Dollar store. Cheap and works great. I use it on my truck, motorcycle and any other greasy areas. Sparay everything down and let soak for a 12oz or 2 then high pressure wash it off. After this step, let air dry for another 12oz or 2.

Second to last step: Spray all plastic and hoses down with Hot Shine. Then your ready for the last step: Step back with a 12oz or 2 and enjoy the beauty.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #31
dark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the sheddark tangent is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dark tangent's Tacoma Gallery
So I assume it's alright to pressure wash your engine? I mean, I'll avoid more delicate pieces like the fuse box and such. Just want to get anyone's opinion on completely soaking the engine bay. Thanks.