Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How to clean your engine bay?

Old 09-08-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
How to clean your engine bay?

Ok, so I washed and waxed my truck today. I also wiped down the frame and under belly. I popped the hood and clean what I could but that sh*t is dirty. Lots of dirt everywhere! How can I clean the dirt in there without actually wiping down everything by hand? I'm not talking about grease but dirt left over from crossing through mud pits etc. Can I get it steam cleaned? If so how and where to look? My 16 year old honda look 100 times better then my 3 year old tacoma. I want a clean engine bay!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Soak it with Simple Green and spray with a hose.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
CGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCGtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Avionics Tech
Name: Phillip
CGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Drive it through a deep cleanish puddle..
Old 09-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Did something close to that. I used 409 and soaked it with a hose after I pressure washed what areas I could. It still has a brown cake on everything...
Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup . Straight simple green no dilution . Let it soak for a couple of minutes then rinse well. That's how I clean my dirt bike
Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
I'm driving around in Oregon with Hawaii clay stuck to my rig
Old 09-09-2011, 12:17 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Hahaha. You can take ur truck outta Hawaii but not Hawaii outta your truck
Pretty much yeah. Its not like a cake but more like a film covered on everything including my serpentine belt
Old 09-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #10
Na MCBH Kaneohe mud/Peacock Flats mud/a WHOLE LATTA Kaena Point mud

and a little Kailua Mud from the land across from the Transfer Station
Old 09-09-2011, 01:09 AM   #11
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
AutoZone Engine Degreaser. Probably need a few cans.

Spray. Sit 10 mins. Rinse.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:57 AM   #12
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
I use black magic 2 in 1. It worked great
Old 09-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #13
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
same problem, please reply with results, id like to do mine as well...
Old 09-09-2011, 02:55 AM   #14
Halo913 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
Halo913's Tacoma Gallery
Blackmagic sucks. Use Purple power let sit for 5-10 min. Then use engine detailer
Old 09-09-2011, 03:40 AM   #15
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Simple Green. End thread.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Simple Green. End thread.
Put a whole bottle of simple green in that engine bay and let it soak in real good then sprayed it off. No joy. My coolant hoses are covered in crap as well as the firewall and everything else I can't reach with my cloth. Also now I have water spots everywhere.

Showing my pickup at a small show tomorrow and I'm trying to get it as clean as possible. It looks GREAT just permanent dirt in the engine.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo913 View Post
Blackmagic sucks. Use Purple power let sit for 5-10 min. Then use engine detailer
Where do you get "purple power"? I didn't see anything like that at Target or Autozone
Old 09-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #18
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sounds like you might have to get a brush in there and scrub. I always was all the mud the day after to avoid it hardening on the truck.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #19
Quote:
Sounds like you might have to get a brush in there and scrub. I always was all the mud the day after to avoid it hardening on the truck.
Yeah me too. I got a pressure washer I normally use but this is different. Its like a brown film. I think it got really hot and cooked its self into everything.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #20
Halo913 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
Halo913's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Where do you get "purple power"? I didn't see anything like that at Target or Autozone
I get it at orielys