Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Which white Duplicolor?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Which white Duplicolor?

I'm at Canadian Tire getting touch up paint, and there is a white, and superwhite 2...which one do I get?
Old 09-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
I'm at Canadian Tire getting touch up paint, and there is a white, and superwhite 2...which one do I get?
Super white II is what you want. Code 040
Old 09-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
Eltacos is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Officer
Eltacos's Tacoma Gallery
Less than 5000 miles on mine and already having to use the same. I am so sad, but I knew it would happen. My commute seems to always have gravel on the road that gets kicked up into "Taco".
Old 09-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Duplicolor doesn't match well so be weary of what you're painting... KPT is correct though, you want color code 040 (also noted on the door jamb).
Old 10-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
GO TIGERS!
holyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shedholyfield19 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
holyfield19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Duplicolor doesn't match well so be weary of what you're painting... KPT is correct though, you want color code 040 (also noted on the door jamb).
I broke the passenger side mirror off of my taco and ordered a new one that came black. i tried to get the duplicolor superwhite II, and put a clear coat on it....Then it turned yellow! I am dissapointed with the duplicolor, i also tried natural white and the same thing happened.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #8
LJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud of
Army: Canadian Combat Engineer/Combat diver (Retired)
Name: LJD
LJD's Tacoma Gallery
You live in Calgary you should line x the bottom of your truck like I did before winter hits. View attached photos. They can match up the line ex with the colour of your truck too. I had it done to my black tacoma and my silver tacoma, I did the whole tail gate on the black truck and also did the rear bumpers to hopefully avoid rust in the future. Rock chips are no issue now.
Attached Thumbnails
Which white Duplicolor?-img_0454.jpg   Which white Duplicolor?-img_0456.jpg   Which white Duplicolor?-img_0455.jpg   Which white Duplicolor?-img_0457.jpg  
Old 10-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #9

How much was it if you don't mind me asking?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #10
LJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud ofLJD has much to be proud of
LJD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
How much was it if you don't mind me asking?
I had the local line x shop do it, each truck was about $600 total. The first generation Tacoma also had the whole box done. If you go this route match the finish line of the line x with a line on the truck, seems less obvious and flows better. The black truck had the line finish right in between the groves which I think looks the best out if the two.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #11
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
do you have any not so close pics of those linex jobs. i like the color (colour) match
Old 10-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #12
LJD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
do you have any not so close pics of those linex jobs. i like the color (colour) match
Sure do, see pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Which white Duplicolor?-img_0070.jpg   Which white Duplicolor?-img_0017.jpg   Which white Duplicolor?-img_0275.jpg  
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #13
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
that is so nice. i will have to look into this. especially when i get my 2014 Tacoma DCLB turbo diesel.