Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Brake Fluid on Paint, how to touch up?

Old 09-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Brake Fluid on Paint, how to touch up?

Hey guys,

Well I replaced my uncles brake caliper and I guess when I put in in the bed to go to the store some fluid got on the bedside. i did get a wash last night luckily, but today I noticed this....paint wrinkled about 1/4" circle and left a smudge around ...

Anything I can do? Thanks...

Old 09-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Its hard to tell from the pic, but brake fluid will cut right thru the clear coat. You might want to stop by a body shop and see if they think it could be wet sanded out and buffed. I'm talking like 1000 grit then 1500 then buff and wax.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfrog View Post
Its hard to tell from the pic, but brake fluid will cut right thru the clear coat. You might want to stop by a body shop and see if they think it could be wet sanded out and buffed. I'm talking like 1000 grit then 1500 then buff and wax.
I see...Will it get worse if I don't get at it for a while?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Crazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
Crazyfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Not if you washed it good. Its kinda like bad bird shit. It eats while its there, then when its washed its gone and left its mark.
I saw a guy pour a whole bottle on some guys car once, the guy took it to a car wash 3 days later and it blew the paint right off. (They were fighting over some bitch)