Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

NJ Tinting

Old 09-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
mcaquatic is on a distinguished road
mcaquatic's Tacoma Gallery
NJ Tinting

Hi I was hoping some one here could clarify if if it legal to tint the front side windows. Everything I have found online says it is not legal, but several people have told me otherwise. Also lately I have been seeing a lot of cars with NJ plates that have all the windows tinted (minus the windshield) and don't know how they pass inspection if it is not legal. Thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
bmxer2076 is on a distinguished road
Name: Gennaro
bmxer2076's Tacoma Gallery
this summer, NJ passed a law changing inspection rules. Tint can pass inspection, as they only inspect emissions, HOWEVER, tint is still illegal on your front two windows (driver+passenger) and your windshield. It is considered a secondary offense, they cant pull you over for just tinted windows, however, cops can do what ever they want.

**** I have all my windows tinted, including the windshield
Old 09-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #4
764mike is on a distinguished road
764mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer2076 View Post
this summer, NJ passed a law changing inspection rules. Tint can pass inspection, as they only inspect emissions, HOWEVER, tint is still illegal on your front two windows (driver+passenger) and your windshield. It is considered a secondary offense, they cant pull you over for just tinted windows, however, cops can do what ever they want.

**** I have all my windows tinted, including the windshield
Dont reply if you have no idea what your talking about. Tint is still illegal in NJ and its not a secondary offense. The only change is the inspection centers are only checking emissions and nothing else.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Didnt he say that it was still illegal?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
bmxer2076 is on a distinguished road
Name: Gennaro
bmxer2076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 764mike View Post
Dont reply if you have no idea what your talking about. Tint is still illegal in NJ and its not a secondary offense. The only change is the inspection centers are only checking emissions and nothing else.

Look up the law. Oh, and BTW i DID say it was illegal. Learn to read if your gonna correct me.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery