Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Windo Waterspots?????

Old 09-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
Triangleacre1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
Triangleacre1's Tacoma Gallery
Windo Waterspots?????

How do I get rid of waterspots on the outside of the windows? I tried Windex, but did not make any progress.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Glass can be polished just like your paint can.

Here's a good article from AutoGeek.net

About 1/3rd of the way down there is a section titled "Water Spot Eliminators".

Fink
Old 09-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
Triangleacre1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dustin
Triangleacre1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man
Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 AM   #4
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the polish.

Vinegar also works, but be sure not to get it on your paint or trim; it is acidic.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
elicitone is a jewel in the roughelicitone is a jewel in the roughelicitone is a jewel in the roughelicitone is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement: Constable
elicitone's Tacoma Gallery
At the dealership I used to work at we also had a full detailing shop with 7 or 8 guys that did nothing but detail cars all day. The one item that they all swore by for glass was steel wool. On all the used car details they would just use a SOS pad size piece and gently polish the glass. This removed all the road grime and raised edges caused by pitting. I was very skeptical at first but am a believer. I do that and follow it up with a coating of Rain-X every month and don't even get the slightest hint of hazing. And windshield wipes spot free with nothing more then a chamois.

Also make it a habit to always clean the rubber edge of your wipers whenever you clean your car. Keeps your wipers working like new all the time.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Steel wool?!

I have never heard of that...but I guess in theory, it could work. Just makes me nervous.

Fink