Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

I think it's watermarks?

Old 09-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
hockeyd is on a distinguished road
hockeyd's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's watermarks?

Hey guys,

I have marks on my month old Tacoma that at first I thought were just watermarks. However, after I washed it, they're still there. Is it something more, or do I just need to use something more like ScratchX or such?

Also, it's on my chrome too. It's not something that can just rub off, like I thought it might, so that's what's got me stumped.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Waterspots from hard water drying actually eats into the clear coat, so you'll have to get a polish to take them off.

And for the chrome, I used Brass-o on mine and it worked perfectly!

Got any pics?
Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Might be bird poop stains. The kind that eat through the clear coat. If it looks like a faded powdery white ring with teeny white dots inside, it might be.

My room mate never would wash bird poop off of his car until the car was really dirty. And his has that damage where the poop was. As soon as I see birdy stuff on my paint, I freak out and get a wet towel, let it soak on top of it for a while then I gently wipe it up. And if I have it, I'll wax that spot.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
try to clay bar it first, that removes alot.
remember to apply wax after you're done.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and how you know it really is bird stain, the clay bar (that works miracles, it really does) won't even faze it.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
acid rain, (heavily poluted areas), happens to me, give it a realllll good wax with a cleaner wax