Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

DIY bed liner

Old 09-26-2011, 06:26 AM   #1
sprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sprocketdog's Tacoma Gallery
DIY bed liner

Ok, just finished up a small project and thought I would share my experience with this spray in liner kit I used ( Liner Extreeme ). The kit was purchased off of ebay with a free gun as well. As per the instructions they tell you to use it at a 3:1 mixture I found that by thinning it out to 2:1 it made the application alot better. Other supplies to have on hand to use this product is disposible gloves, a good resperator, wooden paint stick, mixing containers and shop towels. You will need an air compressor since the product calls for 60 to 70 lbs of pressure for the gun.
Once you have mixed up all of the componets (rubber crumb, part A, part B, and reducer) you have a shelf life of 35 mins so make sure you have your surface prepped and free of dirt and oils. Application is pretty much staight forward just like using spray balm. Make sure to have all areas masked off that are not intended for the coating. As well as give your self plenty of room since the over spray does travel pretty far. Since I used this on my new plate bumper I started with the inner surface 1st then let it cured for about 24 hrs, then flipped it over to do the outter surface. It does start to set up (depending on the temperature) in about 3-4 hrs. That is about it, I am very happy how easy the application is and very pleased with the results, I will be doing the flares and other items next.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY bed liner-005.jpg   DIY bed liner-011.jpg   DIY bed liner-046.jpg   DIY bed liner-047.jpg   DIY bed liner-055.jpg  

Old 09-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #2
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! How easy is touch-up? Can you spray more bedliner on top if you get a scrape on rocks?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Paak is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Weapons Instructor
Paak's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, how durable is it? I've played with some cheap DIY rattle can bed liner and it flaked off.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
pnwtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: taylor
pnwtaco's Tacoma Gallery
bump. how is it holding up? that looks professional..waaaay better than the cheap spray-can crap