Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

how to remove this crap..

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #21
radcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rob
radcat692000's Tacoma Gallery
its blue and faded bad,,,clear coat is gone on roof and hood,,,,i need it painted anyways, but was atleast trying to salvage the paint until i got it painted..
Old 10-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #22
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
WD40
Old 10-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #23
JRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to beholdJRader1790 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Josh
JRader1790's Tacoma Gallery
3m eraser wheel attached to a drill. Works wonders for debadging, pin striping, or anything of the sort.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #24
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/3M-Stripe-Whee.../dp/B00063VT0G
Old 10-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #25
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
GOOF OFF is very bad for paint. Please don't use that.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #26
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
goo off
industrial strength.

shit will remove anything. I've seen it remove paint to bare metal..
if left on area applied.
wash imediatelly then wax
Old 10-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #27
radcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the roughradcat692000 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Rob
radcat692000's Tacoma Gallery
finally got this shit off,,,used alcohol with a plastic scraper...i have never in my life wanted to kill someone as much as i did the previous owner for putting vent visors on this truck....lord
Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #28
YESSAHBUD...heyut
mainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmainewoodsballer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ol' Waltah
mainewoodsballer's Tacoma Gallery
I have used Goo Gone for that stuff. Spray alot on it let it soak up. Then I used a pudy knife and wrapped a washcloth around it so it didnt scratch the paint...just make sure the puddy knife or flathead doesnt poke through the washcoth.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #29
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by radcat692000 View Post
finally got this shit off,,,used alcohol with a plastic scraper...i have never in my life wanted to kill someone as much as i did the previous owner for putting vent visors on this truck....lord
You can still get vent visors, they make some that sit IN the channel of the window rather than glued on outside of the door. Weathertech makes some and also AVS which your local autozone will be able to order 54.99+tax
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #30
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
i have even heard lighter fluid is good for getting stuff off too.. glad you got em off. sometimes the simpliest things are the most frustrating
Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #31
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same exact issue.

On a blazing hot summer day with tons of sun... let the truck bake for awhile.

Goo Gone + elbow grease will got a majority of it off but let an outline of residue.

I used the same 3M decal remover wheel as I did my TRD decal, and the rest came off easy-peasy.

Then wash, clay bar, polish
Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #32
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by radcat692000 View Post
I went with in-channel vent visors after removing the old adhesive ones.

Products Discussed in this Thread