LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

what order to apply...

Old 10-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
what order to apply...

What order should I apply these products:

Meguiars Quick Detailer #66
Meguiars Polymer Sealant #20 and
Meguiars Cleaner Wax
My neighbor has Carnuba Wax in a bottle and suggested I finish with that, but I think I should use either the Pl=oly or the Carnuba...
I can't remember if I did Quick Detailer first, then Polymer Sealant or the other way around. What do ya'll think?
(I did a search, couldn't find anything definitive)

Thanks ya'll!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely in this order:

1. Polymer Sealant
2. Carnauba (some poeple like to put a carnauba over a sealant, but you shouldn't put sealant over a carnauba)
3. Quick Detailer (for touch ups; may not be necessary)

The kicker is the cleaner wax as it probably will remove whatever you put on before it, and if it is a carnauba product, you don't want to put a sealant over it.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
Most likely in this order:

1. Polymer Sealant
2. Carnauba (some poeple like to put a carnauba over a sealant, but you shouldn't put sealant over a carnauba)
3. Quick Detailer (for touch ups; may not be necessary)

The kicker is the cleaner wax as it probably will remove whatever you put on before it, and if it is a carnauba product, you don't want to put a sealant over it.
This.

I like to use a QD after every wash. Hit up Autopia forums, there's tons of info on there!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
^That wasn't on the list.

However, that should come first and polish should come after that (another item not on the list).

To be clear, a thorough washing should actually be first!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #6
robsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobsled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robsled's Tacoma Gallery
I can go one step more.......park your truck in the shade before washing!

Direct sun will cause water spots.