1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Battle the water spots?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by jrdbrn, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Jan 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    My new tacoma is the first black vehicle I've ever owned and I quickly found out how bad the water spots are with the hard water here in Los Angeles. I still rent apt. so now I go to the do-it-yourself power sprayer washes at night for two reasons: 1) they don't allow "bucket washing" but at 11pm it's not busy no one really cares and 2) it's cool and will stay wet until I start drying.

2. Jan 25, 2012 at 1:17 AM
    808hiker

808hiker Taco addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I thought that the water spots on mine were permanent but I got 99% of them out. The acid rain from the volcanic gases here kills paint and quickly at that.

So basically I used clay bar (had to apply a lot of pressure on the clay and use lots of the quik detailer), swirl remover, polish, 3 coats carnauba wax, and 3 coats of synthetic wax/sealant to top it off. It was a LOT of work but at least my paint doesn't have those ugly ass water spots now. The key for me seemed to be pressing kind of hard on the clay bar and making many passes over the paint with it. I just hope that it didn't remove too much of my clearcoat :eek: :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top